You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Current Events Thread

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah i'm drawing a hard line at the killing of pets.

Like I'm ok with being asked to wear a mask at the shops because I see it as sort of a manners thing. Like it's not that hard for me to do and if it helps some more vulnerable person with cancer not get sick or whatever then that's kinda worth a minor inconvenience to me.

Like how as a kid you might just sneeze anywhere but then your parents teach you it's better etiquette to cover your mouth with your hands (or eventually elbow etc).

But yeah, I'm not going to be killing small animals thanks.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Just wait until the new woke Amazon Lord of the Rings where they will explore transgenderism in Middle Earth!

Oh god really? I saw the 1 min title teaser last night and got mildly excited that it might be something fun to watch. Rookie mistake to me I guess.

Like seriously. At this point it's not even about agreeing or disagreeing with the message it's just straight up that the repetition of the message is boring as fuck.

Imagine if every movie you watched there was some point made about woollen socks vs cotton socks. A character decides to go from one to another, or someone else is warmer cos they only have one type, or someone needs some socks, or someone has never seen cotton. Like at some point it's just like even if you believe one type of sock is better or that there's no such thing as socks or whatever - it's just like how about we tell a story just once that isn't fucking sock themed.

Like surely even the people who think there are 52 genders and they are a different one each hour or whatever must be getting sick of listening to people talk about it. Like I really like to drink Coke. But if Indiana Jones and Han Solo discussed coke in the middle of their movies I'd find that a touch boring.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Holy shit...the crisis in Ukraine is really heating up.

I think it's on like Donkey Kong within days...as soon as those Russian ships in the English Channel make it to Ukraine.

That Russian Duma member who suggested launching one ICBM at Nevada to show the US that Russia means business is mentally deranged.

Randall Flagg wrote:

So Hong Kong is forcing all of its residents to kill their small animals out of COVID fears. I wonder how many people in the west will obediently off their cats and dogs if the EU follows suit. I can say with all sincerity I’d go fucking Rambo before I killed or turned over either of my dogs.

I have two dogs(Luna and Mischa) and two cats(Tommy and Max).

I don't even hardly like cats anymore after Duff died. These are the last two cats I'll ever own.

I'm not doing away with my animals even if there's an Ebola outbreak.

They'll have to raid my house and arrest me to do anything with them.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

There isn't really any covid articles in the newspaper today. I feel like the Trojans on the beach when the Greek fleet had suddenly disappeared.

James

James wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

There isn't really any covid articles in the newspaper today. I feel like the Trojans on the beach when the Greek fleet had suddenly disappeared.

Russia-Ukraine is the new trending crisis. While the world deals with this, the old chestnut will fade from the headlines.

I already predicted this but you can already see it happening. Go look at news and world news on Reddit. Went from 24/7 Covid to 99% Russia-Ukraine-NATO.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

I don't expect COVID restrictions to go away anytime soon in solid blue areas. People self enforcing it without pressure from politicians. I hope I am wrong but I had a friend recently tell me he feels safer in a restaurant when they check vax cards at the door. Dude is 31 and should know better but hey. What's a little freedom. Hopefully they stop there!

In his opinion "you can do everything you could do in 2019 now." I truly wonder if people remember how 2019 was.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I’m not a huge fan of Rand Paul, but god damn has he been vindicated during this whole COVID thing. CDC is now acknowledging immunity after natural infection was superior to the vaccines. Fauci’s department that he led did send money to Wuhan for gain of function research on Corona viruses. Fauci has lied repeatedly to the American people. I can’t wait for legacy media to be held to account for all of this. I really hope regulations over editorializing on social media are enacted in the next Congress. Twitter and Facebook repeatedly pushing objective falsehoods isn’t good for society.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I’m not a huge fan of Rand Paul, but god damn has he been vindicated during this whole COVID thing. CDC is now acknowledging immunity after natural infection was superior to the vaccines. Fauci’s department that he led did send money to Wuhan for gain of function research on Corona viruses. Fauci has lied repeatedly to the American people. I can’t wait for legacy media to be held to account for all of this. I really hope regulations over editorializing on social media are enacted in the next Congress. Twitter and Facebook repeatedly pushing objective falsehoods isn’t good for society.

Rand Paul is a good debater because he doesn’t get emotional or go straight to personal stuff. He just lays out the facts and sounds intelligent.

James

James wrote:

US sending a few thousand troops to the Baltic states...and that's for starters.

It's a tripwire.

This is going to get crazy.

Board footer