You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:

I just don’t see China going that far. Russia could survive the sanctions because they live under sanctions. China could not.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Pelosi has to go. This is obscene. She's essentially turned herself into a Secretary of State on this Asian tour.... talking of "ironclad" support for South Korea and Taiwan...we won't be intimidated, etc. .

It shows what little respect she has for the Biden administration...as well as the Pentagon and State Department. She's gone rogue and is getting off on her power and influence.

The media should ask her why isn't she in those tent cities in Frisco helping her constituents instead of pretending she's the top diplomat during a crisis.

People like this have to start being voted out. Period. This kind of crap is going to get worse...not better.

James

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

I just don’t see China going that far. Russia could survive the sanctions because they live under sanctions. China could not.

Pelosi really screwed the pooch here. It created a crisis at the worst time when the world is already juggling multiple crises.

Sanctions are a double edge sword. They'll hurt the West as much as China. Sanctions aren't really the issue to worry about at the moment IMO...it's these drills accidentally sparking a conflict.

What happens if a few missiles veer off course and actually hit Okinawa? A ship getting sunk? An incident in Taiwan? North Korea jumping into the fray?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

James wrote:

Pelosi has to go. This is obscene. She's essentially turned herself into a Secretary of State on this Asian tour.... talking of "ironclad" support for South Korea and Taiwan...we won't be intimidated, etc. .

It shows what little respect she has for the Biden administration...as well as the Pentagon and State Department. She's gone rogue and is getting off on her power and influence.

The media should ask her why isn't she in those tent cities in Frisco helping her constituents instead of pretending she's the top diplomat during a crisis.

People like this have to start being voted out. Period. This kind of crap is going to get worse...not better.

Pelosi can't travel without Biden's signoff.  In case you guys forgot, she tried this shit during Trump's presidency and he just said he wasn't authorizing DoD to fly her ass around.  Yes, this makes the US look weak internationally as her visit was entirely fluff meant to agitate China.  It accomplished nothing.  We're not deviating from our One China policy.  We still recognize Beijing as the capitol and heir to Mao's china. 

This is what the Democrats do.  They don't really do anything but appeal to the window lickers who spend their days on social media and are dumb enough to consider it information. 

It's stupid because it's poor statesmanship and accomplishes nothing but antagonizing China and rolling the dice someone intentionally or unintentionally does something that forces us down a military road. 

China looks stupid too, lobbing missiles over Taiwan.  But unlike the US, they don't need to worry about a bunch of corporate media and shills propagating their narrative.  People who riot and loot in China are shot in the face if not sent to prison for reeducation.  Contrasted with the US, where if your political violence aligns with the extreme left, you're shown as some kind of brave soul and champion. 

I think Hawley was wrong to vote against Finland and Sweden joining NATO, but his OpEd was accurate.  Russia isn't our primary threat, China is.  And nothing Pelosi has done in the past week has changed that or improved our standing.  Biden sends the least appropriate politician in America to go visit Taiwan, as the House has nothing to do with anything outside of the US.  Zilch.  They don't vote on foreign policy or even cabinet appointments.

Randall Flagg

misterID wrote:

We had sanctions on China during Trump's reign. What changed?  Sanctions wouldn't be painless against China, but it'd hurt us more than it hurts them.  We owe them billions of dollars and are reliant on their exports for our economy and society to function.  Who handles the blowback from such a situation better?  The country that can't even keep a couple hundred dipshits from rioting in its Capitol or the authoritarian regime that monitors every email and text message its citizens send?

China is buying up our meat industry.  Most nations require citizens of its nations run and own their biggest industries, but not us.  We're all too eager to let hostile actors buy up key areas of our economy under the notion of diversity.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The tariffs etc., is a lot different than world wide sanctions. It would be far, far worse for China. No matter what you think of Pelosi, I’m glad she went. And no one should threaten to murder our citizens and elected officials.

Randall Flagg

misterID wrote:

no one should threaten to murder our citizens and elected officials.

Obviously.  Which is why it's stupid she went in the first place.  Because if China did do something to her, we couldn't not retaliate in the most severe fashion possible.  Why are you glad she went?  What do you think it accomplished?

James

James wrote:

Now she's at the Korean DMZ.

Sweet baby Jesus.....

James

James wrote:

I can see ID's point on being "glad" she went.

We can't allow other countries telling us when and where we can go. The moment they did that,, it kinda forced our hand.

On the other hand....she never should've been in that position in the first place. If anyone is going to go on an Asian tour which includes Taiwan, it should be Blinken not the damn Speaker of the House.

James

James wrote:

Pelosi can't travel without Biden's signoff

This makes it even worse. He publicly stated days ago that the trip "wasn't a good idea". So did the Pentagon.

We don't need 80 year old flip floppers running the show and accidentally stumbling into a crisis on the scale of the Cuban Missile Crisis.

The whole thing is embarrassing and you're right...this does not make us look good.

I don't know how Trump would've handled it but I do know one thing....like Nixon, the "mad man theory" really worked in his favor on various foreign policy issues.

China is buying up our meat industry

This really pisses me off and shouldn't be allowed.

All those companies that sell canned pork/beef in those huge chunks are owned by China. Sickening.

The only bacon I buy now is Boar's Head even though it's higher. It's delicious and also imported from Canada.

Board footer