You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: UYI Box tracklist unveiled?

James wrote:

I won't be buying it.

Scratch that. I'll be buying Dust N Bones live at the Ritz.

I might be tempted to buy the rest  of the show simply due to nostalgia...I remember salivating at the review of that show in Circus magazine.

Amazing that a UYI set will contain a grand total of zero demos.

Edit

Holy shit...I just realized that this Dust N Bones was already released on Live Era.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

The band is on cruise control til the end.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm kinda into the idea of 2022 loud masters on the original mix as to me the original mix was perfect and after listening to decades I would find other versions jaring.

The 2022 "version" on NR as opposed to "remaster" makes me raise an eye brow.

My fear all along was that we'd wait for a remaster then get some frankenstein versions like the big daddy SCOM or something oddly tinkered with. Then you get that starwars effect where you're torn between one being much higher res overall but with odd changes, or the original timeless beauty in bad quality lol.

It's hard to imagine making NR better as it's one of the classics of all time. That said I should give it the chance I guess if he's done something to it. Or maybe it's a typo lol. I don't really support changes but if we're going to have a 2022 version can we please add "with your ass in the air" to YCBM?" 16

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Incredible.

Wilco
 Rep: 1 

Wilco wrote:
James wrote:

I bet they don't even have those early mixes of the records anymore...his snake probably slithered away with em 30 years ago.

I bet most or all video is gone too...or simply rotted in same spot it sat for decades.

It's just so underwhelming...and I'm getting tired of this approach any time they decide to do something.

They have the early mixes and the video, dude - Axl just doesn’t give a fuck cause he knows the rubes will buy it. He seriously does not give a single fuck anymore. That guy who had balls, ambition, a desire to prove himself and do cool shit - he’s long gone.

He’s either medicated into apathetic oblivion, or has become so rich and so jaded and burnt out by CD not going the way he wanted that he looks back on his younger more ambitious self as a sucker

Expect nothing but consistent, soul crushing disappointment from Axl and you’ll be a happy person.

Wilco
 Rep: 1 

Wilco wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Incredible.

That artwork sure is “incredible.”

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Hugely underwhelming if that is all there is all to honour UYI. The scope and epic grandeur of UYI deserves more - it was a monumental undertaking. That said, it could be one package of many so tomorrows alleged announcement will be interesting.

Where is the talk of a Bad Apples demo coming from?

As to the artwork - par for the course for this band. Again looks like a 17 year old, first year design student whipped it together in 15 mins.

YCBM - some nice rawness and I'm certainly more interested in that era of the tour, lineup-wise than the other set. Interesting how Slash and Izzy are completely out of synch with each other for the intro - I wonder if that was a symptom of Izzy not being able to hear himself?

Surely November Rain sticking out like a sore thumb as "2022 Version" vs. "2022 Remaster" can't be a mistake? That said, this is the outfit that published the most amateurish liner notes for an album strewn with typos, double ups and grammatical errors that I've ever seen in Chinese...

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

No demos? For fuck's sake.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

No demos or some unreleased track is a real letdown.

Video of these shows and/or the never released documentary save this. Not holding out hope at this point. We'll see when they do the official announcement, which should be today... right?

This release having no "new" single of any sort to push does free up space to also push a certain bunch of other "new" tracks though.... wishful thinking probably.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

Surely November Rain sticking out like a sore thumb as "2022 Version"

I am fascinated by this.

What would the changes be I wonder? Like new synth stuff with melissa or more modern axl synths? A new vocal take using 99 vocals or similar? Adding in some piano intro? It's extremely curious.

I mean it *could* be a mistake...but given it's that song I feel it's not...as there was always talk of it being important to Axl during recording (from memory it was said he threatened to retire if he couldn't nail it) and it's obviously one of his songs in terms of the composition...like if he was going to tinker with something....

Board footer