You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: Current Events Thread

polluxlm wrote:

I hear America blew up the German pipeline. If this was the old days there would be war, but now I guess Germany will just sit and take it.

Can you link a story saying the US was responsible for the suspected sabotage?  Nothing I'm finding is saying that. And how do you think a war with America would end, especially since the German military is incredibly underfunded and undertrained. 

If America is responsible, by all means the current administration should be condemned and held accountable.  But due to the American media's inability to critique and report factually on Biden, the fact Germany is the primary enabler of Russian aggression, and the difficulty in getting the EU and NATO to agree to condemn the US should intel really indicate the US is responsible, I don't see anything happening.  Especially since Putin is threatening Europe with tactical nuclear strikes.

Randall Flagg

Yea, every article I read points the blame in the direction of Russia (without qualification).  I'll wait for the swedes and danes to  finish their investigation.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

The news are all saying Russia did it, as you would expect. I don't believe this for a second though. Russia is the last actor to benefit. They want to sell gas to Europe. They would also of course know that this would be blamed on them. It is the EU under orders from the US that have cut them off. This plays directly into the hands of the US. Given the location of the incident Poland seems to be the most likely executor, they have a history being the hitman of Western powers, but there is also a US naval exercise in the area so who knows.

With no possibility of getting gas from Russia, Germany has no choice but to continue the US line. Which will wreck their economy, which is what this is all about.

A war with the US would be hard to imagine when Germany is a protectorate of the US, but in an alternate timeline they would of course not be able to directly fight the US, but they could certainly break off relations and maintain a type of cold war. They would be obligated to do something if this is true. To do this is an act of war.

Randall Flagg

I could come up with a million reasons from  conjecture why Russia would do this.  None of them have any bearing other than a regime willing to risk global sanctions and WW3 to retake ancestral land probably wouldn't hesitate to destroy a pipeline they already shut off.  Maybe Putin is aware he could be clipped soon and a new regime installed.  Maybe Russia doesn't want the temptation of German money once the cold autumn breeze turns to a winter chill.  Maybe Russia knows half the world will blame the US. 

It's very sad for low income Germans who will struggle to afford heat this winter, but this isn't an unplanned or unrealized problem.  It was evident that it would be an issue the moment Germany joined in with the rest of the West's response to Russia invading Ukraine.  Just as our sanctions are hurting normal Russians, this move is going to hurt normal Germans. 

The American Democratic party has been giddy with excitement since oil prices spiked.  They think it's a great opportunity to pretend wind mills and solar can replace nuclear or fossil fuels.  Biden approving sabotage on multiple allies who are on the front lines of a potential nuclear war with Russia just doesn't seem plausible or comparable to any US action taken in the last 50 years.  Hacking a nuclear plant of a radical Islam regime is a far cry from destroying the primary fuel source from Russia to Western Europe. 

But I'm aware plenty of people still believe America orchestrated 9/11, so it's no surprise people would immediately want to believe the US was behind this.  I guess we'll see how easy this can be repaired.  If it's a couple weeks of underwater welding, whoever was responsible didn't do a very good job.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

Russia hasn't shut off Nord Stream 2. That pipeline was finished this year and has yet to be used. If Russia wants to shut off gas they could simply do it on their end by shutting the valves. But of course they don't want that. They would like nothing better than to prosecute their war without sanctions. It is the US that demand Germany not buy gas from Russia. That line might hold if supply is met, but there is no guarantee the German Government will not open the pipeline when shit hits the fan, no matter the US threats. The USA clearly benefits here.

False flags aren't exactly a new thing to the US, going back all the way to the Lusitania in 1917. Has anyone forgot the shameless lies peddled by the Bush administration before going into Iraq? I'm sure you haven't. If anything you could call it a standard prelude to US military action. Poland has their own reasons for shutting down NS2, and they have always been pliable allies.

Randall Flagg

Has Russia not been shutting down and cutting back gas to Western Europe for the entirety of this year?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60131520

I'm not going to defend the US in Iraq.  However, we don't control any territory nor any of the oil conspiracists alleged were behind the invasion.  Has the US retained any territory its taken since before WW2?

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

Russia itself claim the cutbacks are due to repairs. Some of that is probably true because the facility is ran by Siemens and they can no longer import the necessary parts due to the US sanctions. It is of course also possible that Russia is using it as leverage.

And that is the thing, with an intact pipeline that you have the ability to shut off, you do have leverage. If you blow up the pipeline you lose the leverage because your target no longer has any choice but to oppose you.

The US invaded Iraq to stop them selling oil in Euros. The petrodollar is the single most important possession of the US. It gives them the ability to print unlimited money and push the inflation on the rest of the world, because they have to hold an ever increasing amount of dollars to meet their energy needs. Gaddafi started doing the same, look how fast he went down. Now Putin is selling oil and gas in rubles.

I think the US clearly benefits the most from this incident. They make it impossible for Germany and Russia coming to a reproachment, which would end US influence in Eurasia, and the sale of oil in rubles between Europe and Russia would unravel the petrodollar, and with that, the entire US Empire. They don't hold land, but they control land. As long as they have 200 military bases in these countries they have all that they need without the cost of maintaining a territory.

This is why the US can just leave Afghanistan and Iraq after 2 decades of occupation and trillions spent. The real goals had already been met and the US no longer had any use for direct possession. The cost? Taxpayer foots that bill.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

https://twitter.com/AZmilitary1/status/1574702376262701056

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

Evidence is piling up.

An act of war from the US on another NATO member is serious stuff.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I promise you we will be able to do that.

I love the arrogance of modern US presidents.

Board footer