You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Current Events Thread

James wrote:

It really should be the end of Trumpism. Quite a few Trumpers lost and a few more are about to lose.

He mocks some of the losses and will soon mock the rest since he can't stand losers.

I almost spit my coffee out when I realized that the candidate Reddit is really pushing for and promoting/selling his merch is the guy Flagg just mentioned above.  18

What the hell is wrong with people? 17

So a few dipshits exit stage left as a few enter the fray.

Oz never should've run. Like Flagg said... lessons need to be learned.

Desantis is the big winner in this election.

Missouri legalized weed. Shocking. Now they need to pardon everyone who was getting those stiff sentences in the 90s. I'll never forget that guy who got 20 years for an ounce of weed.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

So it's officially going to come down to GA in 4 weeks.  Both parties flipped a Senate seat, but the GOP is on track to win the House.  I thought if the GOP controlled both chambers that'd force both sides to work together, but if the Dems keep the Senate at 50/50, they ain't gonna do shit.  Just more political bickering for the next 2 years.

DeSantis 2024

James

James wrote:

Man this Lake loon is completely unhinged....and she still has a chance! Imagine the insanity spewing from her mouth if/when she actually loses.

Was reading about the Dem strategy of supporting hardcore Trumpers early in the primaries hoping the gamble would pay off on election day.

I know we've talked about this  but holy shit...that is so unethical. It also shows you don't actually care about the country if you're willing to risk a bunch of nuts running the show for your own personal gain.

James

James wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

So it's officially going to come down to GA in 4 weeks.  Both parties flipped a Senate seat, but the GOP is on track to win the House.  I thought if the GOP controlled both chambers that'd force both sides to work together, but if the Dems keep the Senate at 50/50, they ain't gonna do shit.  Just more political bickering for the next 2 years.

DeSantis 2024

Yeah I think this election will be looked back on for the rise of Desantis cementing his position as the frontrunner for the 2024 presidency.

While I don't really like the guy... he's definitely better than the alternatives and when you consider the fact Biden is more than likely a one term presidency, who is better? In a perfect world....Kasich...but the world isn't perfect. I think Kasich's time has passed anyways.

The Trump vs Desantis feud is underway on social media. Trump is also getting a ton of shit for the election results now...and rightfully so.

I did like the Desantis quote last night about how Florida is where "woke" goes to die. He certainly knows which buttons to push.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Axl S wrote:

I’d expect both houses to flip simply because the economic outlook isn’t so great.

Some of that is this admin’s fault. Some of it isn’t and is due to factors outwith their control either because of decisions made in other countries or because these are historical issues finally coming to bear and they’re the ones holding the can.

Don’t think it’s any more complex than that. At the end of the day - mortgage payments, gas prices and the cost of a bottle of milk are what swing elections in most western countries.

I was wrong. It turns out that platforming election denying conspiracy theorists and backing an unhinged moron in Trump was off putting enough to swing it to the Dems. Actually surprised to be honest. Economic fears be damned.

I really dislike DeSantis and his platform on social and “culture” issues. He has had a great election night (with some caveats) and it does seem like he’s the front runner for the GOP nomination though and IMO the Dems need to put someone more fresh and polished than Biden up in 2024 or he’ll have it in the bag.

That said - I don’t know if his very hard “anti-woke” platform and focus translates well to a national and winning the college educated suburban votes. If he adjusts and moderates a bit though… I think he wins.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Trump’s hatred did more for Kemp than his endorsement did for Walker.

James

James wrote:

That said - I don’t know if his very hard “anti-woke” platform and focus translates well to a national and winning the college educated suburban votes. If he adjusts and moderates a bit though… I think he wins.

Oh it translates....

It's not just poor white trash sick of this woke madness.  Most people are tired of it...even some liberals have suggested that they move on from this stuff.

The culture wars here in the US are insanity and if they become a big issue in 2024(it will), someone like Desantis who won't shy away from it draws a clear line in the sand.

Extremism or a "back to normal" platform...which do you think the silent majority picks?

It won't be easy trying to label him as a fascist/extremist/racist because as we now see, minorities are no longer falling for it.

Another culture war issue that favors Desantis is the issue no one is going to forget...

Covid.

He was mocked by many liberals for wanting to quietly move forward with life...and then they wound up following his lead.

I do agree he will likely move towards the center...most good candidates do at some point.

The statistic where he won his first term by about 30k votes but won this election by 1.5 million is insane. That's like Reagan numbers.

But yeah....if he plays his cards right and there's no bat shit crazy scandal, he's our next president.

James

James wrote:

Apparently Boebert has been silent since tweeting "Here comes the Red Wave!" yesterday. Embarrassing.

I had forgotten about how she failed her GED test three times. That's insane.

As I've said before... morons like this do not need power. She should have to go back to running her failing restaurant. Unfortunately, Fox will probably hire her for millions a year.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Thankfully, Boebert's going down.  The remaining votes are in Democratic strongholds.

That's another problem:  networks keep giving these people airtime.  Doesn't matter which side.

I wonder whether or not Larry Hogan has a chance to sort of become a 2024 candidate.  Governor of a blue state for multiple terms and doesn't seem too bat shit insane.

I don't want Biden running anymore because of age reasons.  And really you gotta wonder about his cognitive abilites at 80.  And yes, I know I'm being somewhat of an age ist.

James

James wrote:

Unfortunately it looks like Boebert might squeak out a win. She's only down by 62 votes now.

Fuck.

Oh yeah....

Trump is now calling people he supported who lost losers.

As predictable as a sunset.

fsnR-kgjPuuJ3qvuw1K_S0RI8hgkrk54we5wpTBefDo.jpg?auto=webp&s=d5939c1eff3bfca4dab433aec3027034416f7f8a

What a fucking idiot. He really doesn't know why the 2020 election had more voters than 2022.

Board footer