You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Current Events Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:

Yes this could change everything, and also kill all solar, windmills and fossil fuels lol

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Things heating up in Korea.

North Korea sends drones into the South and they scrambled jets and helicopters. Apparently some of the helicopters flew across the border.

James

James wrote:

Serbian ground troops on alert at the Kosovo border.

Why? They'll be slaughtered by NATO if they cross it.

As you probably know, Serbia is one of Russia's main allies. Is this an attempt to distract or even fracture NATO if force is used?

That's one hell of a gamble on their part.

Crazy shit as we head into 2023.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Could be an attempt from the West to entangle Russia in another theater. The Ukraine War is losing effect, people don't care about it. If they can get Russia to intervene on behalf of their ally, the desired image of aggressive Hitler dictator is easier to sell.

James

James wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Could be an attempt from the West to entangle Russia in another theater. The Ukraine War is losing effect, people don't care about it. If they can get Russia to intervene on behalf of their ally, the desired image of aggressive Hitler dictator is easier to sell.

Possible I suppose....but I disagree. Russia has completely shit the bed exposing their military and logistics as incompetent. It continues to get worse.

Almost a year into the war and they never achieved air superiority....troops without winter clothing and in some cases using guns from WWI... running out of food and fuel...and they take our their frustrations on civilians.

They can't handle a second front.

I think they wanted a larger war(Moldova for starters) but the reality of the situation meant they were stranded in Ukraine.

I know Putin and Medvedev like talking tough but I don't think they want the US intervening anywhere in Europe now... whether it's Ukraine or Kosovo-Serbia.

The rankings of the worlds militaries need to be updated next year. No way in hell is Russia #2 or #3 anymore...and they probably never were...not in the 21st century anyways.

I still laugh at how their aircraft have store bought GPS systems...and that stealth fighter they brag about...they only have a few while the rest are test aircraft. The US has hundreds...and just unveiled this....

ir53tx4jc8KRwGkYM8FW5i-480-80.jpg.webp

This conflict also has to be a wake up call to China. In the event of a major conflict, can Russia be counted on as an ally?

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

I don't think Serbia would get involved in any adventures on their own volition. If this was in the early days of the war they could maybe think they can get away with something but not now when everything is quiet.

Kosovo on the other hand could get involved in provocations with NATO backing them, or plainly forcing them. Putin has no interest in starting something here. It wouldn't affect his war in any positive way. Widening the war is something that only benefits the Western players. As you say Putin is weak and any increased strain on his war effort could collapse him. The West did that shit in WW2 all the time.

James

James wrote:

Either way we slice it,  Russia getting bogged down in a quagmire definitely benefits the West. One of our two main potential adversaries is weaker than they've ever been... getting worse by the week...and it's happening right next door.

This is happening with the US not losing a single soldier, aircraft, etc. We just funnel weapons and some money to Ukraine. A lotta bang for the buck.

Once Russia saw this going sideways in the opening weeks of the conflict, they needed to figure out a quick exit.

We're probably in there in a limited capacity. Russia claimed we were months ago...and it's one of the few things they've said where I believe them.

James

James wrote:

Chinese fighter comes within 10 feet of a US RC 135

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/zelensky-sig … 24955.html

I know our own media and government have been proven to be in cahoots, but should we really be pretending Ukraine is some bastion of Western Democracy and freedoms?

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

The reason lies are better than truth is that you can tailor them exactly to your liking. Hyping a Soviet Bloc country as a bastion of democracy is the easiest way to manipulate public support for war.

If the goal is conflict with Russia then they definitely should do these things.

Board footer