You are not logged in. Please register or login.

evader
 Rep: 27 

Re: The General confirmed next

evader wrote:
James wrote:

Remember his 2002 comment about the album potentially being 18 tracks and 10 B sides? These three recent releases would belong in that group of 10.

Is it possible that the extra 10 tracks Axl mentioned were actually the CD remixes like Blood in the Water, Better Gone, etc? How many of those were there?

To add: Apparently a Chicago DJ mentioned a new GNR track next week. If already mentioned here, sorry for the repeat.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I always thought the ten extra tracks were instrumentals and b sides.

guts
 Rep: 1 

guts wrote:
evader wrote:
James wrote:

Remember his 2002 comment about the album potentially being 18 tracks and 10 B sides? These three recent releases would belong in that group of 10.

Is it possible that the extra 10 tracks Axl mentioned were actually the CD remixes like Blood in the Water, Better Gone, etc? How many of those were there?

To add: Apparently a Chicago DJ mentioned a new GNR track next week. If already mentioned here, sorry for the repeat.

It's f'n happening

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
evader wrote:
James wrote:

Unfortunately he didn't elaborate. He always made sure to give himself plenty of wiggle room any time CD gets mentioned.

Too bad no one asked him in the chats.

To add: Apparently a Chicago DJ mentioned a new GNR track next week. If already mentioned here, sorry for the repeat

sanford-fred.gif

That confirms it.

Didn't this same thing happen with Perhaps...radio leaked the info first?

I just want it to hit like a normal song. No more jukebox or any other fiascos.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

The first new song released since 2008. Damn. I must say I'm looking forward to it. It's GN'R, can't really be bad.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

The first new song released since 2008. Damn. I must say I'm looking forward to it. It's GN'R, can't really be bad.

It won’t live up to hype. It’s impossible. Why didn’t TWAT have hype? It’s clearly the defining “epic” of the CD era. Any track that’s been hyped has been good (Prostitute) to less good-er (TIL). Since it has been hyped, and is also a b-side, I’m not expecting much.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Definitely won't live up to any hype. But that's cool because I'm not expecting a masterpiece. New vocals from when Axl could still sing and Slash/Duff is enough in itself.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

I wouldn’t be surprised if the new song next week is Atlas. The General doesn’t sound like a radio song from what’s we’ve been led to believe

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

I wouldn’t be surprised if the new song next week is Atlas. The General doesn’t sound like a radio song from what’s we’ve been led to believe

That would be a great curve ball.

Two new songs at the same time seems almost impossible though.

Why didn’t TWAT have hype? It’s clearly the defining “epic” of the CD era

It did have hype back in the 2000s. From day 1 TWAT was pushed as one of the best songs they had.

The hype for Prostitute simply eclipsed all the others.

Similar in this situation. Soul Monster and Seven have been hyped but The General on a different level.

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

TWAT, Prostitute, CITR... for me they are really good songs and fit perfectly in the illusions albums. I think they are overrated

Board footer