You are not logged in. Please register or login.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

Re: The General confirmed next

metallex78 wrote:
James wrote:
Phrozeninfuego wrote:

Nothing beats the 2004-2008 forum era 9 .. ( or who knows maybe there will be more leaks or actual album releases)

Even if the rest of the vault leaked, it could never come close to how amazing that period was.

2005 was the peak of GNR forums...kinda funny since it was a dead year band wise. Each main forum had thousands of active members.

2006 was massive too. The decline started quickly.

The 2005 community deserved the Village Leaks and the 2006 community deserved the skwerl leak.

HTGTH was the best site on the entire net in the early-mid 2000s. It was so massive it had hundreds of active users who weren't even GNR fans.

Yep. Pretty much all of this.

Why the band didn’t release the album in 2006 when they had such great momentum going, I’ll never understand.

And yeah, HTGTH was THE forum if you were a GN’R fan. That is until Jarmo turned completely anti Slash, and tried to hide discussions about him away in sub forums. Hell, even discussions about GN’R and CD were being neutered and removed if you said the wrong thing…

Most of all, its so bizarre to me that Slash is back and Jarmo is still in the GN’R inner circle. If I was Jarmo I’d be embarrassed to be there after talking so much shit about him for years.

Ya he banned my Jimmer Jammer account for shit talking DJ Ashba or some shit.

The anti Slash stuff by Jarmo was sooooo cringe.

He should be embarrassed. Big time Swedish cunt that guy is!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Lol...I had know idea u were jammer jammer!

Remember how angry ppl would get when we labeled them nugnr on htgth

Lmao, those were the days

axlroselocke1
 Rep: 1 

I got email today saying the vinyl will be shipped on or before 12/08/23.

I really don't understand this band at all.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Now shipping on or before 12/8 per an email from the official store. Got it myself.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Serious question for those who are extremely knowledgeable in music history, has there ever been a band manager worse than Fernando Lebeis?

Phrozeninfuego
 Rep: 1 

I'm now convinced this band just loves to torture their hardcore fans ...jk..

I was expecting this.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Phrozeninfuego wrote:

I'm now convinced this band just loves to torture their hardcore fans ...jk..

I was expecting this.

I'm half way expecting side R to be blank. Then the band blames the pressing plant for the error and it's never released. 16

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

Neemo wrote:

Lol...I had know idea u were jammer jammer!

Lmao, those were the days

That’s me baby!

Yeah I just saw the email too!

What a fucking joke.

I kept my order though.

But, come on.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Now shipping on or before 12/8 per an email from the official store. Got it myself.

axlroselocke1 wrote:

I got email today saying the vinyl will be shipped on or before 12/08/23.

I really don't understand this band at all.

*Enters incessant whining mode*

They've now officially scraped the bottom of the incompetence barrel.

The Stones released the Angry vinyl within days of announcement....GNR/TB had 2 months and still wasn't enough time.

I'm sticking to my theory that sales are pure shit... regardless of them briefly claiming it was sold out....and they're going to delay it hoping for more sales. If sales don't increase, they'll shit can it.

The Perhaps single is already dead/old news and since no one but a few hundred people know of The General's existence, they'll get no blowback from pulling it.

If the goddamn thing was sold out, that first batch would already be on the way. Things that sell like hotcakes do not get delayed.

Neemo wrote:

Yeah and I laughed like a hyena on crack when Axl himself referred to them as that.

misterID wrote:

Nothing will ever match the mind melting disappointment some fans had over Prostitute 16

I was one of those people. I was expecting a mind fuck like Slayer meets The Cure. Now that's real fire and ice.

I still don't like it although don't hate it to the extent I did back in the day.

Luckily my hopes for The General are nothing like they were in the 2000s. Like I mentioned earlier, at best it will be another Riad or Madagascar.

If it was on the level of peak Floyd like some used to believe, they wouldn't have sat on it for 20 years.

Phrozeninfuego wrote:

James,

Since I stopped using msn messenger I lost touch with everybody, Including Mr brownstone), plus  life also got in the way.

Hopefully he's doing well. When people from those days leave and never pop back up, I always wonder if they're even alive.

I assume you remember EFISH, Robman, and Tommie?

They're dead.

Some others died over the past 15 years but don't remember their names at the moment.

Clear
 Rep: 0 

Clear wrote:

I wanted to order it, but I'm not so hyped for shipping, is there any or is it free shipping, because I didn't see any information on it?

Board footer