You are not logged in. Please register or login.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

Re: The Beatles to release “Now and Then””

FlashFlood wrote:

https://blabbermouth.net/news/the-beatl … w-and-then

Is this the mythical track that has been rumored for years? New Beatles, new Stones…even new GnR in the same year! Yikes!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yep...this is it. Historic.

One final Beatles song. Not a massive Beatles fan but I'm definitely looking forward to this.

Had it not been for George Harrison shit canning the idea due to tensions with McCartney, this song would've been finished and released during the Anthology series in the late 90s.

Probably better that they waited. The technology is vastly superior to what it was at the time and they needed AI to save those Lennon vocals from a shitty quality demo.

Actually there's the other mythical song...the 14 minute Carnival of Light from 1967. Unlike Now and Then, this is artsy fartsy avant garde shit. The few who've heard it say it's basically  McCartney's own Revolution #9.

It's inexcusable that it never surfaced. So many Beatles fans have died over the decades who never got to hear it. It was almost released a couple times but would get vetoed by one of the group (Yoko, Harrison, Starr). Yoko probably vetoed it because McCartney hated Revolution 9 and fried to get Lennon to leave it off the White album.

McCartney should've just leaked the damn thing.

It'll probably come out when all of them are dead. No way in hell Apple sits on the final unreleased Beatles song even though it's just an instrumental.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

Yeah I was thinking about it.

Where the hell is that Carnival song and when will it be released.

I will be ordering this single.

Hopefully, Carnival of Light will get its due.

Is Yoko like in the bad health zone? / Out of it.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

It's out!

elevendayempire

I wonder if Macca's going to get Peter Jackson to use the same whizzy AI tech he used to extract Lennon's vocal for "Now and Then" and apply it to "Free As a Bird" and "Real Love." The shitty tape quality of Lennon's vocals on those always rankled, though I suppose you could argue that it gave him an appropriately ghostly quality.

elevendayempire

James wrote:

Had it not been for George Harrison shit canning the idea due to tensions with McCartney, this song would've been finished and released during the Anthology series in the late 90s.

IIRC it wasn't just creative tension, Harrison recognised that the audio quality of the source material just wasn't up to snuff.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Not bad at all. Actually it's probably the best of the three songs.

They should probably redo the other two songs. It would be an improvement.

elevendayempire wrote:
James wrote:

IIRC it wasn't just creative tension, Harrison recognised that the audio quality of the source material just wasn't up to snuff.

We had heard this one before and all three were terrible quality. If he had an issue with one, why not the others?

They probably shouldn't have released any of them at the time. The tech just wasn't there yet.

They needed something to sell Anthology so went ahead with it.

Wasn't the original idea creating brand new Threetles songs but he shit canned that too?

Ive only watched that once eons ago. The tension between the two is so thick you could cut it with a knife.

I think there was briefly some talks of an Anthology type project when Lennon was still alive that would probably happen in the early 80s. It's tragic how it all played out. A reunion was likely in the cards.

elevendayempire wrote:

I wonder if Macca's going to get Peter Jackson to use the same whizzy AI tech he used to extract Lennon's vocal for "Now and Then" and apply it to "Free As a Bird" and "Real Love." The shitty tape quality of Lennon's vocals on those always rankled, though I suppose you could argue that it gave him an appropriately ghostly quality.

Yes. It's practically a guarantee.

A rerelease of the Anthology series is speculated by fans to be one of their next big projects and redoing the two tracks would be a huge selling point...as well as any unseen footage.

Board footer