You are not logged in. Please register or login.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Chase deliberately made the series darker as it went on as he was annoyed that people were sympathizing with Tony and the other mobsters too much.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

James wrote:

I can't stop watching Dallas. It's an addiction at this point. I started season 5.again.

Amazon added a few movies I'd like to watch but I can't stop watching this.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

James wrote:

The rot was already well advanced by the end of the Sopranos run.

The thing I hated about the Sopranos there towards the end is how you find out Carmine was right. It's not a family...it's a glorified crew. Tony doesn't nearly as much power as you assume he does in the previous seasons.

Dallas did this same thing. JR is a shell of himself those last few seasons. The guy who could bring the entire state of Texas to its knees can't even get himself out of an insane asylum. Its pathetic.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

jimmythegent wrote:
James wrote:

The rot was already well advanced by the end of the Sopranos run.

The thing I hated about the Sopranos there towards the end is how you find out Carmine was right. It's not a family...it's a glorified crew. Tony doesn't nearly as much power as you assume he does in the previous seasons.

Dallas did this same thing. JR is a shell of himself those last few seasons. The guy who could bring the entire state of Texas to its knees can't even get himself out of an insane asylum. Its pathetic.

Yeah but that was kind of one of the points. It showed the decline which was mirroring (and still does) society. It was stark by the end for sure.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

slashsfro wrote:

I saw these somewhere else.  And since Lofton posted a couple of these pages ago, I found these cool since you don't see them anymore

352653525-1680891712350967-4111243307183487417-n.jpg

screen_shot_2020_04_21_at_4_27_18_pm_d5663b20c34da26d769ace1dd5ca8db178a7b705.png

40386896101_bf30eb5a34_15fd7f12108fc043e2b804856369271be579a23f.jpg

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

James wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

I saw these somewhere else.  And since Lofton posted a couple of these pages ago, I found these cool since you don't see them anymore

https://i.ibb.co/xCWNxqX/352653525-1680 … 7417-n.jpg

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk.co … a7b705.png

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk.co … 79a23f.jpg

Love these. Instant and potent nostalgia fuel.

I also miss the old cable guides we used to get every month from the cable company in the 70s and 80s.... essentially TV Guides but only for HBO and Showtime. They'd also have pics and sometimes interviews in them.


HBO-1.jpg?w=700&ssl=1



437fe7c30103e1c935594baec924ce60-800.jpg




showtime-may-1978-catalog-06.jpg?w=948


showtime-may-1978-catalog-09.jpg?w=948

showtime-may-1978-catalog-05.jpg?w=948


showtime-may-1978-catalog-17.jpg


showtime-may-1978-catalog-03.jpg?w=948

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

James wrote:

Capturing the Friedmans - Saw it many years ago. An amazing documentary. Such a dysfunctional family.

Did they do it or not has always been the big question.

IMO the answer is yes.

I think a LOT of the stories from the students was false memories and part of the sex abuse hysteria from those times...but it's obvious it wasn't just pulled out of thin air. A couple students were probably molested, the dad gets in trouble for those magazines, and then everything spirals from there.

Watched that on YouTube and I got recommended this...

Abducted In Plain Sight - This has to be the biggest mind fuck of a kidnapping story in history. I was shocked I had never heard about it before. I think the fact no one died is why this case has flown under the radar.

If you like crime documentaries, check it out. I won't mention any spoilers so you can go into it blind.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

I saw these somewhere else.  And since Lofton posted a couple of these pages ago, I found these cool since you don't see them anymore

https://i.ibb.co/xCWNxqX/352653525-1680 … 7417-n.jpg

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk.co … a7b705.png

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk.co … 79a23f.jpg

Love these. Instant and potent nostalgia fuel.

I also miss the old cable guides we used to get every month from the cable company in the 70s and 80s.... essentially TV Guides but only for HBO and Showtime. They'd also have pics and sometimes interviews in them.


https://i0.wp.com/retroramblings.com/wp … =700&ssl=1




https://storage.googleapis.com/hipcomic … 60-800.jpg




https://drunktv.net/wp-content/uploads/ … .jpg?w=948


https://drunktv.net/wp-content/uploads/ … .jpg?w=948

https://drunktv.net/wp-content/uploads/ … .jpg?w=948


https://drunktv.net/wp-content/uploads/ … log-17.jpg


https://drunktv.net/wp-content/uploads/ … .jpg?w=948

I remember these!  They were all glossy unlike TV guides at the time which still had those newsprint pages.  There was as section in those old cable guides where they'd have a grid schedule.  Also they had previews of almost everything,  I remember reading WWF PPV previews.

As a kid, I liked reading the summaries and they had pictures and it was free and a good time waster.  Think there may have been a monthly crossword thing in these guides, not sure as it's been decades since I thought about these things.  Thanks for the memory lane flashback!

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB