You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Riyadh and the Bedouins leak

faldor wrote:

I never liked the song live, and after the first listen to this rendition I wasn't too impressed either.  However, after 6 listens later it's growing on me.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
faldor wrote:

I never liked the song live, and after the first listen to this rendition I wasn't too impressed either.  However, after 6 listens later it's growing on me.

Keep listening. BH's work on this song is phenomenal. If I keep listening to it like this, its gonna become my favorite song.

I know there are many different interpretations on what this song is about, but I still think its about suicide.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

i`ve always been a fan of rhiad, but this studio version kills:mosh:

killer riff, killer emotion, i love this song!

get bucket back!!

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I've never liked it. It's like a Buckethead instrumental weirdo track added with Axl's vocals. I can listen to it and be happy about it, but it will never really make an impact on me.

James

James wrote:
DCK wrote:

I've never liked it. It's like a Buckethead instrumental weirdo track added with Axl's vocals. I can listen to it and be happy about it, but it will never really make an impact on me.

Once again, I'm starting to think this is another BH song, or at least a BH/Brain song.

Huge Praxis influence on this track. Love the mindfuck Crash Victim noodling shit towards the end of the track.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Once again, I'm starting to think this is another BH song, or at least a BH/Brain song.

I think you're pretty much dead on. This is obviously something BH and Brain brought in and Axl/Finck/Stinson made into a GNR song. For me it doesn't click...it's a bloody mess of a song.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
faldor wrote:

Keep listening. BH's work on this song is phenomenal. If I keep listening to it like this, its gonna become my favorite song.

I know there are many different interpretations on what this song is about, but I still think its about suicide.

I'm going to have to listen to the lyrics closer to see if i can get the suicide thing from it. 

BH fucking owns this whole track.  Holy crap i couldn't believe just how amazing it was the first time i heard this after hearing the live ones.  It gave me chills.

I would also like to add that i am officially changing my stance on this song.  I've said before that it shouldn't be on the album, i judged too soon.  This song has every right and is sure as hell not filler.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I still don't really like this track, the live version was messy and this is just that mess with production, we should give kudos to the band they actually played it pretty well live! I'll give it more listens though, see if it's a grower.

bazgnr
 Rep: 4 

bazgnr wrote:
DCK wrote:

I think you're pretty much dead on. This is obviously something BH and Brain brought in and Axl/Finck/Stinson made into a GNR song. For me it doesn't click...it's a bloody mess of a song.

It is a mess, but a fun one.  I have a hard time getting past the way the first verse slams right into the chorus (the second verse is twice as long), but I like the song *much* better now than when I only had live recordings to listen to.  Definitely a grower, and - much to my surprise - I'm hoping it's on the album.

James

James wrote:

from dave's thread....

riyadh

Ooh, Ooh,
Ooh, Ooh
Ooh, Ooh,
Ooh, Ooh,

Riyadh And The Bedouins
Had A Plan And Thought They'd Win
But I Don't Give A Fuck 'Bout Them
Cause I Am Crazy

All, My Salvation,
All My Frustrations
Caught In The Lie
No One At Home Is Well
Somewhere In Time
Where Only I Could Tell
Ooh,

Ooh, Ooh,
Ooh, Ooh,
Riyadh And The Bedouins
And That's A War That You Cant Win
But I Have Had Enough Of Them
Who Can Blame Me
Spent Their Time In Desert Winds
Nomads And Barbarians
I Wont Bend My Will To Them
You Aggravate Me!

All My Salvation
And All My Frustrations
Caught In The Lie
No One At Home Is Well
Somewhere In Time
Where Only I Could Tell
Ooh, Sweet Salvation!
Like All, My Frustrations
Caught Up In Lies
No One At Home Is Well
Somewhere In Time
Where Only I Could Tell
Ooh,

Ooh, Ooh,
Ooh, Ooh,
Ooh, Ooh,
Ooh, Ooh,

-Solo-

Ooh, Sweet Salvation!
And All My Frustrations
Caught Up in Lies
If You Were At Home Aswell
Somewhere In Time
Then Only I Could Tell
Ooh,

-Solo-

Ooh, Ooh,
Ooh, Ooh,

Riyadh And The Bedouins
(Ooh, Ooh)
Had A Plan And Thought They'd Win
(Ooh, Ooh)
Riyadh And The Bedouins
(Ooh, Ooh)
Talked To God And Thought They Can
(Ooh, Ooh)

------------------------------

This song needs more verses. Those "ooh"'s are repetitive, and remind me of whats usually called "scratch" vocals. Its like the song aims to be deep, but falls just a bit short.

I love how paranoid Axl is though. He creates excellent work while thinking everyone's against him and is out to destroy him.

Board footer