You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: An Iran Attack Scenario

James wrote:

May God be with you Flagg. Everyone here will be praying for your safe return.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Without question this is 100% true.  We all have our opinions and beliefs but it's guys like Flagg who are the reason we can have the luxury to do so in our comfortable enviroments.  Karma for Flagg...freedom is NOT free.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Without question this is 100% true.  We all have our opinions and beliefs but it's guys like Flagg who are the reason we can have the luxury to do so in our comfortable enviroments.  Karma for Flagg...freedom is NOT free.

Karma from me as well. 

I think invading Iran would be a huge mistake.  They want nukes?  Let them have them.  We could blow up their country within one hour if we wanted.  They are far off from having that capability. 

Invading Iran while we are still in Iraq and Afghanistan would stretch us really thin and if WW3 started, we would be very hard pressed to keep up.  There would be a draft, and the country as we know it would be over. 

It's a tough decision.  But i think our current problems have to be brought to some sort of stability before we make a move.  The economy, gas, Iraq and Afghanistan all need to be stabalized if we are going to be successful.  Going into this blindly won't work.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Thanks for all the support

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I respect your courage to fight for what you believe in Randall.

As for a war with Iran, I don't see the logic. Granted, the neo-cons have their vision of an american controlled middle east, but here they are clearly out of touch with reality. It all reminds me of Hitlers decision to attack Poland, thinking the allies wouldn't have the balls to respond.

And what's the goal really? The administration has clearly showed that morals is limited to Fleischers mouth, so it's not about protecting the world from nuclear missiles. And even if it were, an operation not involving ground troops would have a high uncertainty as to actually dismantling their program. You don't risk war with Russia if you can't even be sure to reach your objective. Ground troops and occupation will have to be applied if anything meaningful is to come out of it. The military forces are strechted out enough already, so an invasion would require either a draft or the rerouting of forces stationed elsewhere. So it's either risking positions abroad or at home, and for what? So that they get one step closer to a neo-utopian vision that's already falling apart by destroying a nation with no real significance to US security?

Luckily there seems to be minds of reason in military and intelligence circles who's trying to avoid such a scenario.

Then again, if Iran doesn't abandon their program, and I don't think they will, how is the US going to avoid an incredibly embarrassing defiance like that without taking action? There's a lot of prestige invested. The situation is closely resembling a clusterfuck where all options will lead to war.

What happened to the world we had in 1991?

nugdafied wrote:

Here's the deal. They attack Iran when the oil there makes it a profitable move.

tranquill
 Rep: 0 

tranquill wrote:

Many Israeli officials argued against the Iraqi war. Like Shoher here: http://samsonblinded.org/blog/iraq

Board footer