You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: GNR, Rock Band, the VMAs and 4 albums

Neemo wrote:

just read that thread...most people there didnt even seem to know what the video in question was

anyway its all a bunch of bullshit...there is no way that dude would've know gnr's future plans aside from any plans associated with the game itself

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

Everything's always a big fuckin' question mark with GNR. Why? Because they don't communicate with their fanbase actively. There's no official message board where rumors could be addressed amongst the fans - it's not difficult to set one up. No need to make a big brouhaha over a reality show or a lost bike. Just one person regularly answering the fans' questions. They could say 'no comment atm on the album' and everybody could live with that. But they could come half-way through as far as rumor control goes - their stance is still rooted to the era where rumormongers were confined within snail-mail clubs and fanzines. Sorry Axl, that shit just don't cut the mustard in the 21st century.

Their relationship to the fanbase goes on to show how painfully disorganized the camp has been in the past. While I'm certain Azoff and co will eventually push through some major changes in the PR side of the band (a necessity if the album comes out), so far this saga has been a very complicated mess as all effort has been put into keeping Axl in a good mental state and painstakingly pushing forth with CD. Hell, even the 3DRealms people converse with their fans (and have done so since Day 1), despite the fact that the release of Duke Nukem Forever is still up in the air.

But we have rely on some Mysteron or whomever to grace us with updates (as that's obscure enough to go unnoticed for most investigative journalists), which is hardly a healthy situation with a band as prominent as GNR. But I guess there's no point in doing at least one photo shoot with the band before Axl can figure out which lineup will be representing CD upon its release.

Not to mention the world would learn Slash ain't in the band anymore. 16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

You know what I didn't really think this was real before....

Now I do. Why the damage control? Nobody was keeping score other than us tweebs.

Now i'm thinking it might be true, lol...

But seriously, there is NOTHING that red said in that video, that hasn't been theorized or discussed by us fans over the last couple years. Comments like four albums (Baz), VMA's (2002), industrial sound (Oh My God), Buckethead (gone since 2004).... alot of that stuff was very generic comments that any fucktard with 10% knowledge of the new band could've pieced together to create conversation and sound "in the know".

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

But seriously, there is NOTHING that red said in that video, that hasn't been theorized or discussed by us fans over the last couple years. Comments like four albums (Baz), VMA's (2002), industrial sound (Oh My God), Buckethead (gone since 2004).... alot of that stuff was very generic comments that any fucktard with 10% knowledge of the new band could've pieced together to create conversation and sound "in the know".

True, and to expand on that a bit, people always go to forums to get their GNR news. Doesn't matter whether its a journalist or average joe. They don't go to RS, Blender, CNN, GNR official site because its just bare bones there. They surf the forums.

Case in point....

Back in 05 or 06, we were having a discussion(in off topic section actually) about Duke Nukem and Chinese Democracy. Like a week or so later, an article is published that gives those same mentions, just worded a bit differently. Its obvious they just grabbed the info from that thread. No emails/interviews with anyone associated with GNR, and no effort to ever confirm any info.

They just "steal" all our posts and make it news. Its one reason I always thought a "coffee table" book about GNR that consists of random forum posts would be great. Its where the "news" comes from anyways.:haha:

Thats why anytime we get articles, it always reeks of familiarity. Its because you've already read it before.

Its also why you can't believe fake insiders. They just scroll through intelligent discussion and put together a semi believable story.

Still laughing at the "insiders" who said a tour was def happening in early 08. They just read various theories and spun it into a so called fact. In reality, Finck had bailed to NIN and recorded an album, Bumble was finishing his album, so how in the fuck would there be a tour?

Just like  how at another forum someone supposedly knows the name of track 2, but wont say it because it might "reveal their sources". Fuck off. You don't know anything because no one in the GNR camp is talking.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

And that's the stuff i've hated for years. Those that say shit like "I know this or that about CD, but I can't say anything, because it might reveal my source".

In other words... your full of shit - Incognito.

Prime example.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

Guys, i know the name of song #2, but i can't say it.

I was threatened with a lawsuit if i ever revealed the name of the song.  Said people in question told me that by revealing the name of the song it would make the whole entire CD era look like a joke and therefore ruin Axl's crediblity and force him to go work at Arby's. 

God i HATE posters like that.  Get a fucking life.  17

rose22
 Rep: 12 

rose22 wrote:

great post james and 100% accurate. i, just like everybody else knows where to go to get the latest scoop on this band. it's all about the forums and for me this one is the one to go to. all the trimmings baby, no need to post about what EVERY gn'r song in order means to each person. when i log on and don't see any new news i still read all the posts since my last visit. before checking my bank, before checking my emails, before anything, i come here.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Haha, true. Once they stole a quote of mine and presented it as 'news'. 16

"Investigative Journalism".

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

If it is fake, which it really looks like it is, I think this guy deserves a reward. We all just got done
saying how unoriginal the bullshiters have become. Well, if this was fake this was awesome. It
blows every fake bullshit insider for the last ten years away.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

just read that thread...most people there didnt even seem to know what the video in question was

anyway its all a bunch of bullshit...there is no way that dude would've know gnr's future plans aside from any plans associated with the game itself

Really? I mean of course, Noone who's working on a project that MTV is pretty much in control of would know anything about the artists projects who's song that is from an album that has been in production for 15 years that has become the most anticipated album of all time that is in their game. I man I'm sure things aren't THAT hushed around the harmonix office. I mean MTV does plan the VMA's

Board footer