You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Former Astronaut says aliens exist

James wrote:

Edgar Mitchell was the Lunar Module Pilot for Apollo 14

Aliens have contacted humans several times but governments have hidden the truth for 60 years, the sixth man to walk on the moon has claimed.

Apollo 14 astronaut Dr Edgar Mitchell, said he was aware of many UFO visits to Earth during his career with NASA but each one was covered up.

Dr Mitchell, 77, said during a radio interview that sources at the space agency who had had contact with aliens described the beings as 'little people who look strange to us.'

He said supposedly real-life ET's were similar to the traditional image of a small frame, large eyes and head.

Chillingly, he claimed our technology is 'not nearly as sophisticated' as theirs and "had they been hostile", he warned 'we would be been gone by now'.

Dr Mitchell, along with with Apollo 14 commander Alan Shepard, holds the record for the longest ever moon walk, at nine hours and 17 minutes following their 1971 mission.

'I happen to have been privileged enough to be in on the fact that we've been visited on this planet and the UFO phenomena is real,' Dr Mitchell said.

'It's been well covered up by all our governments for the last 60 years or so, but slowly it's leaked out and some of us have been privileged to have been briefed on some of it.

'I've been in military and intelligence circles, who know that beneath the surface of what has been public knowledge, yes - we have been visited. Reading the papers recently, it's been happening quite a bit.'

Dr Mitchell, who has a Bachelor of Science degree in aeronautical engineering and a Doctor of Science degree in Aeronautics and Astronautics claimed Roswell was real and similar alien visits continue to be investigated.

He told the astonished Kerrang! radio host Nick Margerrison: "This is really starting to open up. I think we're headed for real disclosure and some serious organisations are moving in that direction.'

Mr Margerrison said: 'I thought I'd stumbled on some sort of astronaut humour but he was absolutely serious that aliens are definitely out there and there's no debating it.'

Officials from NASA, however, were quick to play the comments down.

In a statement, a spokesman said: "NASA does not track UFOs. NASA is not involved in any sort of cover up about alien life on this planet or anywhere in the universe.

'Dr Mitchell is a great American, but we do not share his opinions on this issue.' 

source: UK Daily Mail

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Don't be such a kook James! We've already made up our minds, don't confuse us with all these facts!

More on this later.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Can someone clear this up for me...so according to the interent the moon landings are fake, and the guy they faked em with also knows they are hiding aliens? that's starting to get confusing for me wink

Jokes aside, this is a pretty important guy to be claiming this though, he isn't some crackpot.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Maybe he's an important crackpot?

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

I believe him.  Info about aliens leak in some form all the time.  It's usually spun into a huge story, but under all the huge stories are glimpses of truth.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

TheTruthIsOutThere.jpg

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:

I dunno.   A small group of people couldn't get the Watergate shit a secret, and yet now they're claiming that all the goverments of the world have been hiding this for 60 years?  I don't buy it.

Goverments can't agree on stuff enough for us all to stop bombing and shooting the shit out of each other and yet somehow they all have this happy agreement to stay hush hush about the little green men.  2

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

The dude's 77.  He's probably missing a few marbles already.  No offense to some of you other geriatrics here.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Backslash wrote:

The dude's 77.  He's probably missing a few marbles already.

I'm 24, guess that leaves me with no excuse.:P

No he is not crazy. Not unless these guys are also.

Politicians can't keep a secret, true. But when he says 'government', that doesn't mean the White House. The US military is a compartmentalized structure. Many of them operate as small independent groups under total secrecy, answerable to no one but those organizing the financing. Secretary Rumsfeld admitted himself on the 10th of september 2001 that the defense department had 2,3 trillion dollars unaccounted for. Not exactly pocket change.

It's not hard keeping it a secret when you consider that in fact it isn't. A lot of people - professionals, physicists, high office - claim to know.

The reason it is kept a secret is much the same reason why it isn't known publicly. It would have a severe effect on human reality. Likely societal structures and order would radically change, or collapse. Imagine the connotations it would have on religion, science, international relations, economy, philosophy...collective focus...the power structure? The guys in charge definitely don't want to risk that, and neither do most humans. The fear of radical change is powerful. There's a reason we ridicule it the way we do.

Naturally the truth, if it exists, will come out. But I'd say they'd rather have it on their premises, when they feel we're "ready". No doubt in my mind, I've seen them in the skies.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Agreed. People just assume if it exists, it will leak. Someone will find out.

Trust me there are men who have willingly or un-willingly given their lives to protect the truth. The truth wants to be known, but they control the game.

And if you don't believe that, well, you're fooling yourself.

Board footer