You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Dizzy tells fan: "Robin still in the band"

James wrote:
Arcade Roses wrote:

That's an important point: and that's why I titled my thread 'Favourite song off Use Your Illusion I'.

This site has a certain standard. We aint the biggest or the smallest, but the people who do come here(including yourself) aren't coming here to play games. The site has 300+ members, of which 60 to 90 are  active depending on whats going on with GNR. When they click the GNR section, what they see in the thread titles is what they're gonna get. No titling something UYI when the discussion is Finck. Many other examples.

We don't spam this site anywhere. We dont even bump our own threads at other websites. Most people who find it do so on their own accord. Those who stay like the "no bullshit" vibe of this place.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

to be honest i almost moved that thread to TWAT without even reading it...but its a good thing i did read it.

Arcade Roses
 Rep: 5 

Arcade Roses wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

This site has a certain standard. We aint the biggest or the smallest, but the people who do come here(including yourself) aren't coming here to play games. The site has 300+ members, of which 60 to 90 are  active depending on whats going on with GNR. When they click the GNR section, what they see in the thread titles is what they're gonna get. No titling something UYI when the discussion is Finck. Many other examples.

I agree.  I hope it stays that way.  And it's why I only really post here nowadays.  But I was thinking foremost about not drawing GN'R camp to a discussion that involved:
1. Marco Beltrami's (*cough* *cough* curious to say the least *cough* *cough*) communication with the fanbase,
2. Me posting a clip - while found out to be a quite genuine fake - that *might* have had validity given it's origins.  In other words, breaking the law, by posting what *might* have been Guns N' Roses unreleased material.  We all know the names of the 'bigwigs' who read this forum - and I am not talking about Rose or Stinson.  I believe you even met them once.  It's more courteous, and considering others, not 'playing games', IMO.

So yeah do keep up the good work but that's my take on it.

LOL @ Neemo.:peace:

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Word up. tl:dr most of the thread, but whatever James said about GNRev being badass, hell yeah.

This site has kept me going with GNR. HTGTH was getting whack, and all the other GNR sites sucked balls and were filled with bullshit.

This site takes the best of HTGTH, subtracts the crazy GNR bias and moderation level, and adds a shot of awesome into it's e-arm.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Oh yeah, we rock.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Those who stay like the "no bullshit" vibe of this place.

Yup. I stayed away from GNR forums for a long time. I used to go to 2TI waaaay back but theres no one there anymore and then Jarmo is way to much of an arrogant prick for me to bother.

This place is perfect. Not over-run by idiots, not dead 6 days a week and people actually have good views and even give me credit when they agree with what I say.

Cant go wrong with that.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Sadly one wonders if the size of this place, and some other good but small boards would fall into chaos like the bigger boards with a bigger membership.

I hope not. MyGNR is the fan community's public toilet, and HTGTH would be alright if it wasn't run by Die Jarmofuror.

Board footer