You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

Re: Ok, I'm a little confused guys...

elmir wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i like to know how i got cut out of the whole saga, but whatever thats cool

oh...if you're referring to my post above, i left your name out completely unintentionally.....no hard feelings man, i was merely referring to the most "vocal" of the bunch during the whole saga....sorry....

also, don't get me wrong, nobody is more pissed off with this than i am....skinning an SMF forum is no small task...a good few days' worth of work.....for someone who is self-employed, every hour of the day spent doing pro bono work is that hourly fee taken away....it impacts my bills at the end of the month, my everything....

so to see it go down the tubes just like that, over an admin (no pun intended) error is very much an amateur mistake....

i also made an attempt to get hold of Brody during the downtime....like everyone else...i did establish contact with him recently, and ROV as we used to know it will relaunch....that much i can tell you....

will it be good?
not sure.

will the original status quo with regards to staff, members, management be restored?

i have no clue....i didn't ask, frankly not my place....i merely wanted to know if the reason for it was negligence or something more serious.....one thing these gnr forums taught me was to never assume or believe roumors until someone clears or confirms them.....so i waited until he resurfaced again....

only suggestion i have for the management of this board is to try and get rid of anything which connects it to the old site..(other than the members of course)....by that i mean name, domain, section and category names...and colour scheme.....only then will you be out in the open and clear of any bullshit which this saga is now attracting....

and of course, needless to say, if i am needed for anything, don't be scared to shout out....:mosh:

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

This all boils down to one thing: a total lack of respect for EVERYONE at that community. Not ONE of us people in the community was worth one word from Brody. Don't forget that. He ignored the entire community for months. Only when he saw the community moving on without him did he come here. Did he explain to you guys what happened? Did he say hi to any of you? ANYTHING?? No. He came here and smited me and DTJ and called us thieves. Thats how he pays back two people who kept ROV online for months, and spent almost two years building the community from scratch. In other words, he cared nothing about us, the community, or the site itself.

I will NEVER log in to that site again when he brings it back. Whats the point? So you can post and contribute to the site until he either gets tired of paying  or just gets sick of the site in general and decides to knock it offline for a couple months? No thanks. The day I lose respect for myself and feel what I post is worthless  is the day I will go back there and prop his site up for him.

Last but not least, he ripped DTJ off and still hasn't paid her. Never will either. He has a total lack of respect for even people who helped him the most. If he feels that way towards the people who actually financed his site and spent loads of time giving what they could to the site, how do you think he feels about all of you? I think you all know the answer to that. Go check your email box and see how many messages he sent you the past two months telling you what happened to the site.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I already know how he feels about me, and the feeling is mutual.

I like Brody, he was always cool to me.   He definitely had a lot of other things going on, but I can kind of relate because I have a site where I took the board down and havent' put it back up yet.   I dont have the time to put into GnR boards what I used to, or I dont get any work done lol..   I think the right thing to do would have been to hand over or sell the site to you guys.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

I like Brody, he was always cool to me.   He definitely had a lot of other things going on, but I can kind of relate because I have a site where I took the board down and havent' put it back up yet.   I dont have the time to put into GnR boards what I used to, or I dont get any work done lol..   I think the right thing to do would have been to hand over or sell the site to you guys.

true, but you told your members you were taking it offline. You didn't leave a bunch of people hanging and then ignore all of them for over a month. Anytime a GNR site goes down, people are kept in the loop. HTGTH goes down, Jarmo is telling people the status at mygnr. mygnr goes down, madison(or someone else) is at HTGTH telling people whats happening. newguns got hacked(or some other technical crap), they immediately let their members know whats going on.

His handling of it is so disrespectful and inexcusable, its laughable that he is trying to pin the blame on others.

I've heard how he's trying to draw attention to himself at HTGTH. I'm not being sucked in to his game. He just wants to be a hot topic and create a little controversy so he can get his site some attention.

I dont see his point in starting it again anyways. He clearly has no respect towards anyone that was there, so why relaunch? To fuck people over again? Like I said, I'm not interested. He can find another group of people to build the site up so he can toss it in the garbage again for a few months.

I just want to move on. Everyone did everything they could to communicate with him and keep the site going, but he never said a word. So we have moved on without him.

He can do whatever he wants. He can knock ROV offline every other day for all I care. I just know I wont be involved in any aspect of it.

Everything that Neemo and James say I completely agree with and won't put you guys through a long post ...LOL

We tried for nearly a year to get Brody to engage into that site and he didn't all he did was make things worse and worse for us and you guys.   I am not into having that happen a second time and sure as hell don't want to be under someone that I have zero faith will stay commited.   What was beyond us is that he wanted to continue to stay admin if he had zero interest.   Sure things go on in ones life and you get busy but if you aren't going to stay commited then you have no business running a site that has people depending on you.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

I agree with russtcb completely.  RoV was never a web address or something that was owned by anybody.  It was the collective body of contributors to the site and to the community.  The community grew because of what we all gave to it, not because of whoever owned the rights to the name or graphics.  He can have RoV there, we'll keep the great community we built here with whatever name we have.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

by the same token, if you really believe that...then what does it matter where it is? .net or .com?

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

by the same token, if you really believe that...then what does it matter where it is? .net or .com?

What are you asking?  Your question seems to make the same point I made. 

I choose to be here because this is where the community is.  I don't care what it's called or who owns what.  Brody made a decision to not communicate with anybody when the site was having problems.  I don't care what happened before, I don't care what happened behind the scenes with the staff.  All I know is that when something happened at the original RoV site, it was James, DTJ, and Neemo that dealt with it.  There was no sign of Brody, there were few posts from Brody, and there was no contribution to the community from Brody other than paying the bill (with help from others). 

Look, I appreciate what Brody did to start the site and keep it going.  Sometime about a year ago, something changed and he disappeared for the most part.  He no longer communicated with the staff and he no longer communicated with the community on a regular basis.  The community continued to grow and boneded with each other.  Brody chose to be an outsider.  He further alienated everybody when the site went down and there was no communication from him again.  Something had to be done, but nobody could do something about it other than Brody and he chose to do nothing.  He made decisions that showed he didn't treat the community with respect.  So the community did the only thing it could do and that is move on.  Nobody wanted to leave the old site.  Nobody wanted the old site to go away.  We all put a lot of time and effort into that site.  It still hurts to not be there, but life goes on.

I wish Brody all the luck in the world with the old site.  I might go back, I might not.  It depends on what value there is to going back.  Even if I do return, I will not be leaving this team, this community.  I'm here because it's my online family.  I'm here because even when we disagree, we have great discussions on gnr and non-gnr related issues.  They treat people with respect, they keep people in the loop.  They treat the community as though we are all important and recognize the contributions of everybody involved in making the community what it is.  There is a reason this site came to be.  It isn't because they stole the name or graphics or people...it is because the people WANTED to come, they wanted to stick together.  We sought this place out (and it wasn't easy to find).  We did it because we wanted to, not because we had to.

/rant

Board footer