You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

Re: Song #2 (Prostitute) is the biggest gun of all IMO

jimmythegent wrote:

People seem to be fairly indifferent to this song, which baffles me to be honest.

After having listened to it fairly solidly over the last 2 months or so, I can safely say that it is the best new Guns song I have heard (it succeeds where TWAT fails).

My opinion obviously, but along with Better and CITR (I used to feel the Blues was up there too, but it has lost a little something for me), this is clearly the strongest.
It really builds nicely, is melodic and heavy in parts. Axl delivers one of his stronger performances I feel, and the part where he talks about 'Fortune and shame" gives me goose bumps.

This is what I imagined when I thought of what this band should sound like.

Why the indifference? Is it because BH plays a relatively minor role? I don't get it - to me, easily the strongest track in their canon is staring us in the face and people see decidely non-plussed?

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

After listening it 20 times, I can safely say it's the worst of the leaks. Ever. 80s crap. If it's really Prostitute, then there are no secret big guns, Just my opinion. 19

BrokenGlassNCigs
 Rep: 25 

Best leak so far, imo. Axl's vocal hooks/melodies are just legendary. The piano lines and the drum beat before the chorus are just icing on the cake. Not to mention the epic arrangement outro.

Way underrated. I want to know the fucking title though, it's killing me.

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

alexh0618 wrote:

I'm convinced it's Prostitute. If you listen closely to that line in the song there really is no other word to fit the sound and context. I think the song is underrated because people were expecting it to be the greatest song ever. Of course it's not going to achieve that goal even if it did have an epic BH solo but I do agree that it belongs with the best of the leaks ie Better, Twat...

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

It's a good song, but not the best we've heard from these people by far.  The music definently isn't as good as the other songs, and the lyrics a performance definently aren't Axl's best. 

When a song has cheesy lyrics, hard to consider it underrated.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

People seem to be fairly indifferent to this song, which baffles me to be honest.

After having listened to it fairly solidly over the last 2 months or so, I can safely say that it is the best new Guns song I have heard (it succeeds where TWAT fails).

My opinion obviously, but along with Better and CITR (I used to feel the Blues was up there too, but it has lost a little something for me), this is clearly the strongest.
It really builds nicely, is melodic and heavy in parts. Axl delivers one of his stronger performances I feel, and the part where he talks about 'Fortune and shame" gives me goose bumps.

This is what I imagined when I thought of what this band should sound like.

Why the indifference? Is it because BH plays a relatively minor role? I don't get it - to me, easily the strongest track in their canon is staring us in the face and people see decidely non-plussed?

The song does nothing for me on any level. The current CD disc in my car doesn't even have the track on it. When Ezrin told Axl he had "three songs", I'm pretty sure that this wasn't one of the three.

Doesn't have anything to do with a lack of Bucket to me. I consider CITR one of Axl's finest moments and its just an old demo that predates Bucket.

Whether its Prostitute or not, I hope its not on the album.

I do agree with you about The Blues. It has lost its impact over time.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

As much as people always talk about these songs being demos and how silly that gets with a 200 track pro tools set up going on...this song is one of those that feels 'unfinished' to me. Stylisticly I think the chorus melodies and heavier parts are really haunting and it's got a lot of potential to become one of the best GNR songs I think...but its maybe not there yet.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Oh just want to add: In a way everything looses impact over time though right? Like i mean "Don't Cry" will always bea good song..but it wouldn't blow me away now like 20 years ago.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

This song could be alot better than it currently is. I definitely agree with Monkeychow... it's just unfinished. Not gonna judge it before it's done.

Some parts are definitely DEFINITELY full of potential though

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

Actually, none of the three new leaks blew me away.  Maybe the time for all this has come and gone already....SOMETIME IN THE LAST 14 YEARS!!!!

Ahem....excuse me...that being said...I think If the World and Song 2 suffer from Brian Wilson in the studio for too long disease.  Too much stuff going on and none of it having a solid foundation.  To me it just sounds like layers and layers of nothingness.

Board footer