You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: Ironic when you think about it.

Didn't Wylde talk about Axl wanting to be like Limp Bizkit and liking Fred Durst? God that'd be a low moment in the history of GNR...

Yeah madagas I see what you mean, the fact the new material has any flow or continuity (which it does) is a testament to Axl. Not to start a flame war, but I think Axl may be the only original Gunner capable of putting so many different styles together. Of course, Izzy Duff and Slash don't seem to  have much desire to change anything up.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Of course, Izzy Duff and Slash don't seem to  have much desire to change anything up.

Izzys always shown hints of experimenting with his tunes. He's put out reggae, country, blues, instrumentals, acoustic, rock, etc. and that weird jungle drumming 16

He may not heavily his promote albums and shift millions of units but he does change it up tongue

Morning Tea, FSO Ragga, Trance Mission, Raggadubbacrete, Harp Song.... pretty varied choices all off the top of my head.

Slash and Duff on the other hand ..... I'd probably agree.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

You people surely hasn't heard Slash's albums and collabos. Neither Can I, Beggars, Jizz Da Pit, Lower, Back and forth Again, Be The Ball, Mean Bone, Serial Killer, the muddy Contraband tracks, Loving The Alien, American Man, Don't Drop That Dime, Messages etc. shows more diversity than any other Gunners post-UYI work. (An I haven't mentioned the guest appearances.) Slash's work is not chaotic though, so some people think it's not 'experimental enough'. Making a music mess isn't experimenting, but trying to find something when you have no idea at all. 'Dive in and find the monkey'.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Mikka, 5 O'Clock is my favorite non-GNR album from a Gunner, but if you think that is experimental in any way I don't know what you're thinking. Slash does hard rock. That's really it. Bluesy ballads, riff rock, sure sometimes the production is crisp, sometimes it's muddy, sometimes the songs are tight and sometimes they're less structured but compared to the changes like Riyadh-If The World-The Blues-Oh My God-CITR-etc it's not much.

I don't know Izzy as well but given how often he puts out new music I wouldn't be surprised to learn he has done some genre experimentation.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

There's only one irony in this whole situation.

The irony is, is that Cobain was so anti-industry, yet he made W. Axl Rose look UNDERGROUND.

Kurt Cobain was a fuckin' hypocrite, he knew it, thus eating buckshot for breakfast.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:
misterID wrote:

Axl really wanted to be accepted by the alternative scene. Just look at his favorite bands:

NIN
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Soundgarden
Faith No More
Mr. Bungle
Nirvana
Pet Shop Boys
Janes Addiction

Don't forget Pearl Jam and DJ Shadow.

Shadow's Endtroducing is a pretty significant album in this saga, as it was the original 'how-to' manual Axl applied in making new songs. Maddy's a good example with the drum machine, hip hop beats and the MLK quotes et al. The main difference between Endtroducing and CD is that the latter is compiled from 99% pure GNR samples - the bits and pieces recorded by the band in their late-night jams since the late 90's. Get the GNR vibe going on and have them jam freely, then decide what kind of an album you'd be interested in doing. Log onto Pro Tools and start copy/pasting.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

The irony is, is that Cobain was so anti-industry, yet he made W. Axl Rose look UNDERGROUND.

Kurt Cobain was a fuckin' hypocrite, he knew it, thus eating buckshot for breakfast.

Agreed. Cobain was an even bigger asshole than Axl, which even Axl would admit is no small feat. 16

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Agreed. Cobain was an even bigger asshole than Axl, which even Axl would admit is no small feat. 16

On the scale of dicks, Axl is a 9, but the 10 goes to Kurt.  He was definently not anti-industry and all punk like he thought.

Board footer