You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Slipknot fan goes on a murdering rampage

Axlin16 wrote:

Marilyn Manson is an extremely articulate, intelligent and well-spoken man.

Too bad the interview came from probably the most laughable douche bag propagandist in the last decade.

But still Marilyn was like cattle led out to slaughter during that whole thing. The media loves a sacrificial lamb. See Britney.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Elmir, do a lot of youth crimes over there get pinned on such things as music and video games?

no, its usually down to social and economic issues such as poverty.....and racism....i can tell you that, even though this is terrible news, a whole section of SA's population is sighing in relief because he didn't slash a black kid....if he did...that would be chaos...media driven chaos....

people here can't wait to pin some or other blame on racism....its really bad at times....

anyway, the kid is in court now, but personally speaking, its his parents who should be tried for bad parenting...

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Rex wrote:

If I had to listen to Slipknot I'd probably kill a few people.

Agreed.

This is disgusting though.  It's the whole Manson thing all over again.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

I agree with what Manson said. And I also think that it all comes down to the person's mental state. I mean I listen to Slipknot, and other heavy metal bands but i would never go stab people with a katana. Or shoot up a school. the VTech guy wrote a paper about a teen beating his stepfather into a blooody pulp using lyrics from Mr. Brownstone, yet no media outlet reported that AFD would make people go kill. Like Manson said "My face is easy to put on tv....in the end i'm the poster boy for fear because I say and do what I want."
People need to wake up and see that It's not music or anything else. It's the kid's mind. I can play GTA and listen to violent music all day but in the end I won't go shoot anyone.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

^^ That's a good point. The whole GnR thing blew over & wasn't used as a scapegoat. Likely because it'd be preposterous to report GnR caused him to kill. Had he used a song by Manson or Slipknot, (or Ozzy & Judas Priest before them) that probably would have been headlined as the cause.

Board footer