You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

Re: All leaks on youtube removed....but by who?

I realise its obvious who and why the leaks were removed, however instead of reading "this video has been removed due to a copyright claim by Guns N' Roses or Universal" it says "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by UziSuicidal LLC" could this mean Guns are no longer with Universal, or something equally as monumental? or maybe i am over analysing things and they've simply made a copyright-infringement-claim on behalf of their own company?

the only reason i have brought this up is because previously the leaks, once removed, read "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Guns/UMG".  so i am wondering what your thoughts are on the matter, is it indicative of something, or meaningless?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The leaks have also been removed by Tsunami in 2007. Tons of companies remove shit for artists. youtube is quite possibly THE biggest promotional tool in the world(and the icing on the cake is that the promo is free), and its mind boggling watching certain bands have their shit removed.

If the album ever comes out, they'll be wishing they could go back and not destroy its own promotion.

dave-gnfnr2k
 Rep: 11 

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

The leaks have also been removed by Tsunami in 2007. Tons of companies remove shit for artists. youtube is quite possibly THE biggest promotional tool in the world(and the icing on the cake is that the promo is free), and its mind boggling watching certain bands have their shit removed.

If the album ever comes out, they'll be wishing they could go back and not destroy its own promotion.

I agree, bands are STUPID for taking this stuff off. People hear stuff on youtube and say hey that is cool, then go out and buy the album. Artists think by taking down the stuff will only make people go out and buy their stuff, it does the exact opposite, it makes people want to steal it bc the only way to hear a song is to illegal download it.  Just look at the arrest of the guy who streamed the gnr leaks.  How many fans on the  boards might not buy CD because of that.  The things artists dont get (minus trent) is leaks HELP not hurt albums.  Just think of nothing from CD ever leaked save the live versions of the songs from 2002, no one would care about CD.  Just look at how IRS TWAT  and BETTER all got air play. they got reviewed in mags, that is free pub and they are pissing on it.  They are idiots.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Umm, does this mean Axl started a new company called 'UziSuicidal'?

Cause I always thought Uzi SuiCIDE was Slash & Duff's company.

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Umm, does this mean Axl started a new company called 'UziSuicidal'?

Cause I always thought Uzi SuiCIDE was Slash & Duff's company.

Googled it for shits and giggles, but didn't get any relevant hits. hmm

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

it's not really promotion, though, until it is for sale. there will be plenty of youtube promotion after the music is released

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
war wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

it's not really promotion, though, until it is for sale. there will be plenty of youtube promotion after the music is released

But some of the most effective promotion takes place before the music is released. 

All the discussion on youtube about the leaks generates promotion.  All the different leaks/rumored songs generate a big buzz when you see most of them have millions of views.

Board footer