You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: Guns N Roses on Universal Music Group Release List

Saikin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

It would be cool if Bucket rejoined, but I think that would be a hell of an insult to BF to cut him.

Who says he's going anywhere? I personally think they need to leave Robin in the dust, keep Ron, and then bring back the other two, even though I like Frank.

I would love to see Bbf take Finck's spot and have them bring back Bucket and Brain.

This is very weird indeed.  Since this whole album is done, to just postpone it until March....

NickNasty2009
 Rep: 2 

well, things certainly look...interesting.

If there's any chance of this year happening, then I would imagine some further leaks in the pipeline will be happening in the next couple of weeks.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Science Faxtion, the group featuring Bucket and Brain, was scheduled to have a CD out Oct. 28, but it's been postponed to March 28. Not saying, just saying.

Wow..........

Thats a looooooooooooong delay.

Please for the love of God let that have implications for Chinese Democracy.

bucket

Spanish hoarder
 Rep: -3 

Bring back bucket

If CD is not released this year?
Could you keep waiting for it?

James

James wrote:

As long as I'm alive and its not out, I have to wait.:laugh:

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

I predict GN'R 2008 will be:

W. Axl Rose - vocals, piano
Buckethead - lead guitar
Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal - lead & rhythm guitar
Richard Fortus - rhythm guitar
Tommy Stinson - bass
Brain - drums, percussion
Dizzy Reed - keyboards
Chris Pitman - keyboards, programming

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

Most likely touring incarnation of GNR (they will be on the road next year, not during the 4th quarter) in 2009:

-W. Axl Rose vocals, piano
-Tommy Stinson bass, rhythm guitar (he's actually friends with Duff--played guitar in Bash n Pop, solo album, and Perfect--killer guitar!
-Duff McKagan bass, rhythm guitar
-Slash--lead guitar
-Dizzy Reed--keyboards
-Frank Ferrer--drums
-Chris Pitman

Also, Del going out on the road with Hookers and Blow rules out a GN'R tour this year, and also may indicate we're looking at March or next summer for a release.

James

James wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:

-Tommy Stinson bass, rhythm guitar (he's actually friends with Duff--played guitar in Bash n Pop, solo album, and Perfect--killer guitar!
-Slash--lead guitar
-Dizzy Reed--keyboards
-Frank Ferrer--drums
-Chris Pitman

What on earth makes you think we're gonna see a morphing of the old and new band during a CD release/tour?

I just don't see it happening. No way in hell will Slash let people like Frank and Pitman reap massive rewards in a semi reunion. Tommy I can imagine possibly being involved in that scenario, but unlikely. You have Duff on board and Tommy becomes meaningless(no offense to Stinson fans).

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:

-Slash--lead guitar
-Dizzy Reed--keyboards
-Frank Ferrer--drums
-Chris Pitman

What on earth makes you think we're gonna see a morphing of the old and new band during a CD release/tour?

I just don't see it happening. No way in hell will Slash let people like Frank and Pitman reap massive rewards in a semi reunion. Tommy I can imagine possibly being involved in that scenario, but unlikely. You have Duff on board and Tommy becomes meaningless(no offense to Stinson fans).

If Slash, Duff, and Axl reunite, it's not a "semi-reunion" to me. It's 3 of the 4 most important members of the band. 2 out of 4 doesn't count. Like when half of the Who claim they're the Who. They've got 2 out of 4. Zeppelin's reunion show with 3 out of 4 counts for instance. Izzy was really important to the band, but no more important than Bonham was to Zeppelin. Adler and Sorum, meanwhile, are has-beens.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

Tommy is a rock n' roll star, he has the chops and attitude that would work with Duff and Slash.  Moreover, he is a great rhythm guitar player.  I am quite certain this will happen, and I believe that this idea has been floating around GN'R circles.  Azoff will deny it, and so will Axl, and Iovine, but one of the reasons he has been brought in, is to mediate a reunion, and figure out how to make that happen while delivering CD for Axl.  I think Izzy will be around like he was in 2006.  I heard Izzy was a big fan of Frank's drumming and style, and that is why he would be the drummer.  It easily could be someone else, but it is not going to be Brain or Sorum (I think Sorum is out of the picture).

Board footer