You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: Chinese Democracy release date?

BLS-Pride wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

If it comes Nov 23rd CD's main competition to me looks to be Nickelback, Killers and then Britney in terms of chart position. Not the biggest of the heavyweights but they might struggle to outsell the Killers though.

Incidently The Killers have had their single on the radio for 3/4 weeks now. I don't think GNR can be going for an orthadox single release, at least not until CD's out anyway, they're cutting it very fine if they want a single out prior to the albums release.

Killers are not going to sell that well. Britney might depending on her life at the time and how fucked up she may be. I would worry about Nickleback more though since their last album sold millions.

Oh not to mention Kayne West will outsell all three of those acts without a problem.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Maybe Killers aren't as big in the US then I don't know, here in the UK they have a great chance for top spot, as do Nickelback and Britney. You're right about Kanye West, I must have missed him.

Von

Von wrote:

The Killers are actually pretty damn big in the US and I don't see why they're being brushed off so easily. The Killers stand for an almost guaranteed win against GN'R. Nickelback is enormous. Kanye West will outsell them all ... probably combined.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Oh I am not saying The Killers are a big act here Von. Their record sales as far as I know aren't that great first week. I think GNR will have a tougher time beating Nickleback who single is all over and not just on Rock stations.

Von

Von wrote:

I agree. And yes, The Killers don't have a track record for huge first week sales or huge first singles, which I believe contributes a lot to the former. But they shift a decent enough amount to bite a chunk out of Guns' rock audience. Nickelback is an unstoppable, tepid juggernaut. They're shit, but the radio loving masses eat it up. They sell huge numbers. Coming off their last album alone, I expect a big first week from these guys. Kanye is undefeated. Britney's just like rubbernecking a car wreck at this point, no matter how hard MTV tries to backtrack and remake her into something marketable since they milked enough interest and money out of defaming her into near suicide.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

chinese democracy, will sell more than all those releases, perhaps not in first week sales, but eventually, all 3 million copies(if the rumor is true) that Best Buy bought, will be sold, best buy will make sure to get rid of all of them, and eventually they will, and if things go well, they may sell more.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
kozygodd wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

No Monk, Axl told Baz to stop talking about FOUR albums. There would not be four albums.

Doesn't mean three can't happen. Then again, Baz might have been spoiling information for the GN'R camp, and it still could very well be happening. He was told to stop letting the cat out of the bag. Which is very likely.

Thanks for the info russ, the vinyl's are happening and honestly after the information you saw, i'm starting to feel more and more that it's gonna be three albums. Why would each version say "BBY Version", when it's already established that it's a particular version? The SKU info comes across more like CD I (BBY Version), CD II (BBY Version, CD III (BBY Version). There's no way, GN'R would put out three different versions of the SAME album, EVERYWHERE in the U.S. and possibly in the world. Why? Why spend that kind of money on pressings?

I'm just starting to think it's three albums with the more info that comes out. Plus, with the Vinyl's. LP's aren't exactly 'big' sellers these days. What financial sense would it make for GN'R to release THREE records of the same album? How would it sell? It'd be catering to diehards EVEN MORE than three 'versions' of the same album on CD.

Only way this whole thing would be profitable, and make sense, with that many versions is if they are in fact three seperate albums, each with their own version available at BBY. Then everyone else will get the three in a "regular release format".

BBY is obviously gonna have some bonuses with these things one way or the other.

VR put out different versions of the same album

Forgive me, my knowledge is not precise. VR did put out different versions of the same album, but I don't recall them putting out all the different versions in the SAME store. I recall each store had their own version.

I think it's pretty clear (cause I trust), that after what Russ found that the $19.99 ones will be Vinyl's. And that's the hang. I just don't see a band putting out three different VINYL's... it'd be a waste of money. Totally. No way they'd make anything back on them. One Vinyl of one album = makes sense. That's why I think it's three different albums.

As for GNR's competition, GN'R will be one if they want it imo. If they push, they'll be #1. The Killers & Britney are NO competition for them at all. None. The Killers are "so two years ago" (at least in the U.S.), and Britney has been done FOR YEARS as a bankable music act.

The real competion will be Nickleback & Kanye. A large amount of the same "type" customers will be having to choose between GN'R & NB. My guess is with the "curosity" of CD, GN'R will win out. With GN'R coming out Nov. 23rd, and not Nov. 25th... I think that's proof enough that they KNOW they can't take down Kanye West.

Captain Winkler

what sort of rock fan will have a hard time choosing between a nickelback album and GNR? the only 'rock' fans that will have a difficult time choosing between the two albums will be those who are nickelback fans, and since when do people choose? they either buy both or just download it.

nickelback fans don't like GNR, they like hinder and simple plan.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Apparently you don't understand the casual rock consumer. This is record company talk.

In their eyes Nickleback & GN'R are both hard rock acts. A hard rock customer, especially in a weak economy, will choose between these two artists at the store.

This won't affect GN'R. But I think GNR's release will actually hurt Nickleback's sales.

Captain Winkler

MY EYES ARE THE BEST AND THATS WHAT MATTERS

Board footer