You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Time to recommend some Bumble..........

James wrote:
chicken_dinner wrote:

i personally think he is the worst thing happening to gnr. he is advanced in guitarplaying, but not in this style of music. when he plays the material, old and new of gnr, it sounds very pretentious and weak, no content. its like he isnt playing for the songs.

his own songs on his albums are weak too, the structures that some talked about are fairly unimpressive in the guitarist world. what most people like about bumble in that scene is the fact he is a nice guy who shreds and he is nice too...period.

before people say i dont like shred and stuff, i do (i play it on guitar myself too) and there are way better ones who also add content to their shredding which is hard to find in bumbles..yes bucket is one of them who is 10  levels above bumble...shoot me big_smile

thats the reason why axl tried right until the last moment to get bucket back, 2 weeks before hammerstein, bumbles first show. bumble is second choice for axl too and for a reason.

I agree with you that his solo material is very mediocre(well, the holy grail Normal is anyways), but I think your selling him and yourself short to assume what he's gonna bring to the songs will be "weak". Best Buy leaks terrible quality, but what he adds to the song CD in place of the Pitman stuff we hear on the demo is definitely an improvement.

Can he stand next to Bucket? No. Can he bring something to the table? Yes.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

He's very talented, but Slash & Bucket are in a league of their own on the old material. I never thought Bucket could make some of the songs his own, especially with bluesy roots, but he did.

Ron is a great guitar player, it's just in comparison to his precessor, this is a classic Izzy vs. Gilby contest. Izzy > Gilby / Bucket > Bumble.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

I always thought Bucket would be good on the old stuff because of the sound Population Override had. I sortof agree on Bumble though. I like the guy and all but I just don't think he's suited for some of the songs.

Board footer