You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: OFFICIAL 1st week chart positions for "CHINESE DEMOCRACY"

Sky Dog wrote:

Sorry is definitely a radio song as is Catcher in the Rye, Better, Street of Dreams, and even TWAT. Better, Sorry, and Catcher in the Rye would be my three singles after CD.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Unless TWAT completely blows in the final production (a possibility), I think it needs to be one of their singles.  It's one of the only songs that is reminicent of the old band, and that is an important link for them to make (unless one of the new songs sounds somewhat like the old band).

Sky Dog wrote:

Sorry has a very bluesy guitar solo and a catchy chorus more in line with the old band. It is a pretty dark song with cool acoustic guitar, heavy electric riffs and great atmospheric keyboards.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Neemo wrote:
war wrote:

i don't know neemo
my impression is cd sold more presales than anyother cd sold physically/presales

if that is true it is then to answer your question: you need more presales than anyone else sells physical copies and presales together.

i think a better reason for why it could be decieving is that cd is a best buy exclusive where as other artists sales are spread out among other stores.

regardless, the cd is selling well before it is released and most people are not gonna buy it until it comes out so that is a positive sign.

again i dunno what #1 best buy seller means...here are the top ten online best buy album....not too impressive by any means...hell the Josh Groben Xmas album is in there for fuck sakes 16

1. Chinese Democracy - Guns N' Roses
2. As I Am - Alicia Keys
3. Indestructible - Disturbed
4. Viva La Vida or Death and... - Coldplay
5. Noel - Josh Groban
6 Growing Pains - Mary J. Blige
7. Infinity on High - Fall Out Boy
8. Carnival Ride - Carrie Underwood
9. Just Like You - Keyshia Cole   
10. A Little Bit Longer - Jonas Brothers

it means they are selling more of it than any other album

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Sorry just is not mainstream radio, i'm sorry (pardon the play on words).

If they aren't going to put CD on iTunes or provide maybe even a Rock Band 2 download to go with Shackler's, then they need to start prepping another single. Obviously the best bets would be Better, TWAT, and Prostitute (yes Prostitute).

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i'm sure the entire life cycle of CD is planned out by professionals at this point...it'll do fine

Sky Dog wrote:

smart answer-Azoff knows what he is doing.:thumbup:...in truth, I don't care if they release any singles at all. However, there are a few songs to choose from.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

They need to get this on Itunes ASAP so it can get more attention. If not, they need to get another single on the launch pad.

There must be a reason it's not on iTunes yet.  People keep saying the album is gonna be available through iTunes, if that was the case I don't know why they wouldn't have released the single yet.  Is it possible they can sell JUST the entire album through iTunes, and not single songs?  I think I remember reading somewhere that Kid Rock didn't release any of the songs from Rock N Roll Jesus through iTunes.

I thought it wasn't going to be on iTunes since it is a BB exclusive. If that's the case that's the reason why there isn't a singele on iTunes.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Acquiesce wrote:
faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

They need to get this on Itunes ASAP so it can get more attention. If not, they need to get another single on the launch pad.

There must be a reason it's not on iTunes yet.  People keep saying the album is gonna be available through iTunes, if that was the case I don't know why they wouldn't have released the single yet.  Is it possible they can sell JUST the entire album through iTunes, and not single songs?  I think I remember reading somewhere that Kid Rock didn't release any of the songs from Rock N Roll Jesus through iTunes.

I thought it wasn't going to be on iTunes since it is a BB exclusive. If that's the case that's the reason why there isn't a singele on iTunes.

Releasing singles is different business than releasing an album.  The album is a Best Buy exclusive, but getting the single out there for purchase not only benefits GNR, but also Best Buy because the song will be available to more people.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
Saikin wrote:
Acquiesce wrote:
faldor wrote:

Releasing singles is different business than releasing an album.  The album is a Best Buy exclusive, but getting the single out there for purchase not only benefits GNR, but also Best Buy because the song will be available to more people.

There are plenty of people out there that would be more interested in purchasing the singles over a whole album so I'm not sure how it benefits Best Buy. I could see the exclusive deal would prevent it from being released through iTunes in the US.

Board footer