You are not logged in. Please register or login.

estrangedpaul
 Rep: 5 

Re: The Great GNR Message Forum Sell out

Godwin's Law is alive and well.

What I find interesting about this site, is that there is no censorship, people can talk, discuss, argue about anything, and yet its also the calmest, most unagressive site. For all HTGTH's censorship and trying to get rid of what they call non-fans; there is still loads of arguments, disputes, insults and cyber-hatred (most recently among two of its most respected members Mysteron and Fernando). Not Jarmo's fault of course, he probably imagined that by getting rid of negativity, he would create an atmosphere like this site has; but that didn't happen.  Instead, you'd see Jarmo and the mods and Jim Bob vs all VR fans, making every single VR/Slash thread completely predictable. I suppose HTGTH being the largest site also makes it difficult for them to control this stuff.

This site allows anyone to talk about anything yet there are very few insults, or neverending disputes or grudges or any of the crap stuff you see elsewhere. Amazing forum!!

ironfin
 Rep: 2 

ironfin wrote:

Hello All, I have just arrived here - and thank feck I found the place. GNR message boards are indeed strange places these days. HTGTH has been fecked for ages, mygnr has always bbeen feckd, CD is cool but I am dissapointed there is no discussion on the new leaks there. Fuck censorship!

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Every forum on the internet has rules, be it a music forum, travel forum, fitness forum, literature - whatever. Its not a free for all, where you can just wander in and say and do what you want, just because its the internet.
If the people who created the website and work on it day by day, change the rules then thats up to them. You can either adapt or if you feel so strongly about it, there are other sites where you can go to talk about certain things. Its hardly a big deal.
Nobody has the divine right to have everything their own way and say whatever they want when they sign up to a message board.

Its a childish, self centred point of view and I wonder about the age of the posters who complain loudest and post bile and insults at other members or mods.  GN'R is a very popular band and mature adults will be mixing with some immature younger folk, not do say that some adults dont act immature or be a dick at times, so there are always going to be clashes of personality and opinions.

This is the end of a long and frustrating road for GN'R fans who follow the band online. The new album is out in a couple of weeks, the wait is over, the inactivity is over, the new music is officially released. Then you can talk about every new song till you are blue in the face. For those who dont understand why the biggest and most popular Guns N' Roses sites are not allowing links to leaks or threads talking about leaks, c'mon get a clue! Do you really not understand why Guns N'Roses asked these sites not to broadcast the fact that things have leaked before they have released the music for retail? Type Guns N Roses into google and its HTGH, mygnr, CD.com, newgnr.com that feature predominately, it seems like good business sense to ask those sites not to broadcast the fact that leaks are out there.
Its really not that difficult to understand. Its hardly selling out that they go along with that request.
HTGTH although, changed its polices a long time ago now and people should be used to it, dont be suprised that it takes on the monkier of "official GN'R fan forum" when the new album and tours are launched. I wonder if the completely partizan polices were a tool to keep the negativity under control when little was happening but appartently negative things, and things will be a bit more openminded once the new album is launched. Soon the pros will be competing with the cons that have dominated the last umpteen years. But either way they have their rules and if you dont like em, go elsewhere.

As for mods or admin at boards not being respectful or being disdainful to members at times, thats different to selling out. They should be called out on it, and addressed. But just calling them out as a jackass wont get very far, only in equally hostile retaliations. By being tactful and showing consideration to their viewpoint, but at the same time addressing why you think they are wrong, then its pretty difficult for them to brush you off without a very good reason. And if they do, then everyone can see just who was right and who was wrong.

Some people seem to put on a swagger when they refer to other boards, like "yeah I'm cool as fuck me, I say what I want when I want, and them at HTGTH, they cant handle me cause I'm such a fucking badass outlaw!" But in most cases they are really just a  little shite. I dont really understand that attitude at all,  but mabye I'm just too long in the tooth at a ripe old age of 28.

This seems like a decent place with differing opinions, its own sets of rules, I seen talking about leaks is cool, so I joined up to see what others thought.  I got quite excited and caved into temptation and downloaded the latest batch, I thought what the hell, I have heard almost the whole album before the official release so what difference will it make now.
I never actually sought out the links, I stumbled across them posted in the comments section of a GNR news site. Having them staring me in the face was a little much to resist.
I'm a little worried that they were infected files though, I know some of them were but I dont know if the original source was behind it.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
bigbri wrote:

(This post has been deleted at request of Axl's poolboy.)

I think the brilliance of this post got overlooked amongst the mass of bullshit.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Olorin, you want to know the age?

Probably 35.

I dunno, but seriously. Most of the people who talk shit on the internet are mature (loosely speaking) adults.

I try to see it the mods way, but I just can't. I just can't. Those cats that run those big boards come across as little petty nerds that need two phonebooks stacked on top of each other to get up to the computer, and then get on their little nazi power trips over people, sitting behind a computer.

The same personality of teachers, that go into public schools, and get off on giving the kids a hard time for every little fucking thing they do.

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

GNRBABY wrote:

^ get a life Capt. you're embarrassing yourself! >>>>>>>>>

SHIP IT.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Olorin, you want to know the age?

Probably 35.

I dunno, but seriously. Most of the people who talk shit on the internet are mature (loosely speaking) adults.

I try to see it the mods way, but I just can't. I just can't. Those cats that run those big boards come across as little petty nerds that need two phonebooks stacked on top of each other to get up to the computer, and then get on their little nazi power trips over people, sitting behind a computer.

The same personality of teachers, that go into public schools, and get off on giving the kids a hard time for every little fucking thing they do.

I dont know about that, it must be an easy mistake to make, to take people for granted when you are getting shit thrown in your face all the time. Then you can make the error of generalising everybody as certain type and not giving them a fair hearing. I thinks some of the mods are like that.

I didnt mean to sound so self rightious, just got lost in my thoughts (bloody autism).

The point was the futility of divisions between boards, fans and the gnr camp and labelling boards or people certain things - sell outs, dictatorships, pool boys - whatever.  I think these divisions have all occurred through GN'Rs long inactivity leaving the fans with nothing better to do than squabble.
When the new music is out followed by a tour and all the trimmings, surely the bickering will take a back seat because everything is out in the open instead of being shrouded in secrecy.  After all, arent we all just here for the music?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

we've been in a couple cross forum fued's during our time...never again. everyone has better things to do with their time rather than deal with that kinda shit

bazgnr
 Rep: 4 

bazgnr wrote:

Wasn't there supposed to be free Mountain Dew here?

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

You post at which forum suits you best. Everyone has their rules. Even if I or someone else do not agree with them. Just glad too see all these new faces posting it up around these parts.

And yeah where the Dew at?

Board footer