You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: On the Eve of Democracy, Where's Axl?

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

instead of typing 10 things, how about typing N0THING ever again....go away and listen to something else. 10

That's a bit harsh. You must have woke up on the wrong side of bed today.

Maybe you should take a nap. 14

This lack of promotion by Axl and the band isn't that surprising. There isn't even a current lineup able to do promotion. He'd have to hire two new guitarists if he wanted to do anything, or bring back Bucket and hire one. The only surprise is it looks like we wont get a 'tell all' interview from Axl as this album launches, although he might want to wait until the chinese dust settles before doing something of that nature.

One thing troubling for the album and will most definitely affect sales is the fact its not being talked about anywhere but GNR sites. When other huge releases happen(Metallica most recent example), you see discussions about it on just about every type of website. That's just not the case with Chinese Democracy.

This whole thing has a 'forced' vibe to it. Other than Brain and Pitman giving some tidbits of info, everyone is silent with two weeks left.

axlgod
 Rep: 16 

axlgod wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
madagas wrote:

instead of typing 10 things, how about typing N0THING ever again....go away and listen to something else. 10

That's a bit harsh. You must have woke up on the wrong side of bed today.

Maybe you should take a nap. 14

This lack of promotion by Axl and the band isn't that surprising. There isn't even a current lineup able to do promotion. He'd have to hire two new guitarists if he wanted to do anything, or bring back Bucket and hire one. The only surprise is it looks like we wont get a 'tell all' interview from Axl as this album launches, although he might want to wait until the chinese dust settles before doing something of that nature.

One thing troubling for the album and will most definitely affect sales is the fact its not being talked about anywhere but GNR sites. When other huge releases happen(Metallica most recent example), you see discussions about it on just about every type of website. That's just not the case with Chinese Democracy.

This whole thing has a 'forced' vibe to it. Other than Brain and Pitman giving some tidbits of info, everyone is silent with two weeks left.

yah, i hear you james.

i'm still waiting for this monumental campaign we were promised by gould/azoff.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

In defense of Azoff, there has been change. There's been a few commercials in key markets, you can now buy a song on Itunes, etc. None of that was possible before.

The fact Azoff and Gould were able to pull off the miracle of miracles(releasing Chinese Democracy) should make them immune to any potential fan backlash in the coming weeks just because hardcores are mad this album didn't explode.

Without Azoff and Gould, none of this would be happening. We'd all be speculating on whether or not the NIN tour is going to be extended or talking about Hookers N Blow South American tour dates.

Sky Dog wrote:

They will do something.....as for me, splitting headache from the 18 beers I had last night. 17

bazgnr
 Rep: 4 

bazgnr wrote:

Me, I think *any* campaign is monumental.  I've said it before, but it bears repeating.  I NEVER would have checked out any of the leaks if I actually thought the album would come out before I hit 40.  I really didn't think it would happen.   Hat's off to Azoff & Gould for getting it out.  I hope it's only the beginning, but if not, at least I'll have an album in my hands.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Azoff/Gould have made progress. These guys have been the first real managers for the band since the hey day.

This silence is bizarre, even for Axl. Hell there was more press during 2002, for a cash grab tour than the fuckin' album being released in 2008.

I don't buy that he's trying to "fraud the public", because it doesn't make sense in comparison to 2002 & 2006 went he was out and about talking about the album, when there was just a cash grab tour going on.

Why would he publicize that, but go dark for the actual album itself? Something that could potentially make even MORE money for him, regardless of the Best Buy exclusive, unless that exclusive covers publicity too with Best Buy. I dunno.

James mentioned "forced". It doesn't come across as forced. It comes across as "an afterthought". Like, "yeah, here's the album" and life goes on. No hyping their own work.

That's why I think there's something more. Yes, I know CD is a big deal... only to US. Irving Azoff would not be involved in this project, unless there was a silver lining.

axlgod
 Rep: 16 

axlgod wrote:

i think next week will be very interesting, with only 2 weeks left until the album drops, magazines & newspapers will surely be getting review copies.
-knowing that azoff pulls strings in big rags, tell me this.

- does he tell them to give the album 5 stars for an exclusive interview?

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:
madagas wrote:

They will do something.....as for me, splitting headache from the 18 beers I had last night. 17

That's somewhere around 10 Finnish ales... Mind your health, old boy. 14

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

every little bit helps when the only thing separating your lifestyle from michael jackson's is a fucking theme park and sleepovers....

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Which Itunes can u buy it on? It certainly isn't available on mine yet

WTF is up with that? no Itunes the day it hits radio?

Once again, is this to defraud and make people request it on the radio since they can't buy it?

Board footer