You are not logged in. Please register or login.

JordanRose
 Rep: 6 

Re: To Bucket, GNR is a 'dirty word'

JordanRose wrote:
Saikin wrote:
JordanRose wrote:
axlgod wrote:

this is a quote from saul,  taken from buckethead.tk

'I will say this - Axl, Richard, Brain, Pittman, Reed and Thal all like B alot. Do the math.'

Thank you for that. I'm starting to feel a crazy buzz going on here. Maybe Tommy really is gonna eat some crow. Please let this happen! bucket

Saul does need to come post over here!

Which also means that Ron and Bh have met. 

I think that statement alone reveals a lot. 

bucket9

Sadly not, dude. They've met before, they know eachother's work. And besides, Ron's always been nice about Bucket in interviews and it could just refer to that.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

I really think that statement says a little bit more than that.  He didn't say Ron likes Bh's work, but that Ron likes Bh. 

Either way... it seems as if GNR might just need a basist.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

IF Tommy is indeed gone, please give Ben Shepard a blank check.

Yeah, Bumble has met Bucket before and hung out with him. He talked about it in chat here before.

JordanRose
 Rep: 6 

JordanRose wrote:

I've gotten way overexcited and been stokin' the fire too much.

Saul's posts aren't meant to be hinting that he knows anything about a possible Bucket return and he'd like us to refrain from quoting him on here.

The thing about who actually like Bucket, well we could have worked that out ourselves.

I'm off to bed. Gonna dream of chicken coops.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
JordanRose wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
JordanRose wrote:

"I can honestly say after hearing the full album that Buckets work here is the best work I've ever heard him do in the 'confines' of a band and vocalist setting.

I agree with that, although this CD material doesn't even come close to touching Colma, Electric Tears, Population Override,etc.

Those are my three favourite Bucket records but I disagree. I think the Twat and Sorry solos are magic and perfect for what is needed. I don't think you could ask for anymore. The Spanish guitar on If The World may be generic by Bucket's standard but it's perfect for Guns and CD.

I'm not denying that his CD contributions aren't great. Obviously they are. He 'owns' this album. The TWAT outro is magical, his solo on Sorry is almost like a tribute to Slash(who the song may be about), that IRS solo is insane and cant be perfectly replicated, and that Rio 01 Madagascar solo will forever give me chills. While Axl and Tommy wrote Riad, Brain and Bucket stamp it with their Praxis vibe.

Having said that, I do think its a bit subpar compared to some of the work on those albums mentioned. Imagine a song like 'Earth Heals Herself' or 'Padmasana' after Axl has added something to it.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Yeah, Bumble has met Bucket before and hung out with him. He talked about it in chat here before.

Ben Shepard would do great with this material.  9

I guess i'm just hoping too much that Bh is back.  I would really love to see it.

shotgunblues1978
 Rep: 11 

Wow, if Bucket rejoined the band it would be amazing.  The guy dominates all throughout CD, even on the songs he doesn't play much on

Truly hope that when we get future albums, there's more Bucket stuff.  I assume there would be since 11 of the 14 songs on CD were written before Bucket joined up, and the other 3 are from him

I remember hearing Soothsayer for the first time and wishing that had been from a GnR session and Axl snagged it.  Would have been fucking immense

SHAQisonChiDem
 Rep: 1 

Not to sound like Jarmo cause I want Bucket back but this speculation leaves a lot to be desired,it sounds more like wishful thinking.I mean reading this gives the impression that Tommy MAY be out and Bucket MAY be in,OK great.Some guy that runs a Bucket fan sites, says that Bucket has big news?Ok, so why can't his big news be that t he album he worked so hard on, is finally coming out?Axl seems to value Tommy's opinion and loyalty, I can't see him choosing Bucket over Tommy.I just think that we are setting ourselves up for big letdown.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

that would be a dream - he's possibly my all time favourite bassist.

But in saying that, Tommys parts dont strike me as overly demanding - any half decent bassist could slot in easily

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
SHAQisonChiDem wrote:

Not to sound like Jarmo cause I want Bucket back but this speculation leaves a lot to be desired,it sounds more like wishful thinking.I mean reading this gives the impression that Tommy MAY be out and Bucket MAY be in,OK great.Some guy that runs a Bucket fan sites, says that Bucket has big news?Ok, so why can't his big news be that t he album he worked so hard on, is finally coming out?Axl seems to value Tommy's opinion and loyalty, I can't see him choosing Bucket over Tommy.I just think that we are setting ourselves up for big letdown.

Agreed.

Axl could very well ride out the release of Chinese Democracy without opening his mouth. He doesn't need to tour or give interviews and has so far made no effort to even speculate that he intends to do so.

It doesn't matter who is in the band if they plan to do fuck all anyway.

Board footer