You are not logged in. Please register or login.

HiredGunz98
 Rep: 1 

Re: Emo Dorks & The Hip Hop MTV Generation Today

HiredGunz98 wrote:

Hard to believe how much things have changed since the early 90's. MTV glorifies these hacks like Kanye, Jonas Brothers ,Akon, Fergie, Ne-Yo... Artists that will surely be forgotten in 5 yrs. The quality of music isnt at the forefront of teens and kids in their 20's when chosing music, it's all about Image , Drama and who's down with the  "Scene" . With that said there's one thing that's for sure.. after it's all said and done W.Axl Rose & Guns n Roses will be remembered long after the last emo dork puts down his razor blade and the pimped out Kanye crowd have pawned out all their bling. Axl Rose will be remembered, and  the others will be just a bad memory.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Considering the fact GNR's back catalog is still just as popular now, as it was in 1991.... says it all.

Timeless

HiredGunz98
 Rep: 1 

HiredGunz98 wrote:

I love how Axl isn't trying to out EMO everyone else. He's staying true to himself.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Axl knows the word 'Emo Fag'.

Guys like him know to stay 10 miles away from that sound.

It'd be like Axl turning GN'R into Poison in 1990.

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

GNRBABY wrote:
HiredGunz98 wrote:

Hard to believe how much things have changed since the early 90's. MTV glorifies these hacks like Kanye, Jonas Brothers ,Akon, Fergie, Ne-Yo... Artists that will surely be forgotten in 5 yrs. The quality of music isnt at the forefront of teens and kids in their 20's when chosing music, it's all about Image , Drama and who's down with the  "Scene" . With that said there's one thing that's for sure.. after it's all said and done W.Axl Rose & Guns n Roses will be remembered long after the last emo dork puts down his razor blade and the pimped out Kanye crowd have pawned out all their bling. Axl Rose will be remembered, and  the others will be just a bad memory.

I couldn't agree more! 5

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

I still fail to see how Kanye West classifies as a hack or has any ties to the already passed "emo" trend.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Kanye ties into MTV Hip Hop-gen

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Yeah I agree with everything but Kanye, he has proven to be more than a flash in the pan. Love him or hate him.

R.B. Huckleberry
 Rep: 2 

So are we saying "Kids these days...?"

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Yes, because this time - the music actually is bad.

Board footer