You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: Chinese Democracy Chart Positions Thread

Olorin wrote:

Didnt Richard even make a comment recently about people being upset with Slash's book?
Del James has been venting against Slash as recently as a couple of months ago and he is Axls supposed best friend.

I just cant see it happening, and to be honest I wouldnt be interested in seeing those guys going through the motions just for the money. If that does happen then Axl will prove himself to be an absolute hypocrite.

I would however pay money to see Duff walking into to the studio telling Stinson, get on board or fuck off. Then saying, "Only kidding... just fuck off!" Before tossing Stinsons guitar out into the street, while holding the door open for Stinson to meekly slope out past a chuckling Slash.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Del knows Slash coming back lowers his position in the pecking order.  Right now, it's all about the hanger-ons trying to protect their position as long as they can.

axlcrazy
 Rep: 4 

axlcrazy wrote:
R.B. Huckleberry wrote:

Nope. I just think he's being "rebellious". I think the Best Buy thing was out of his hands, and he's sulking. He could have gotten that band on someone's talk show. He could have sat down with Rolling Stone last month. The gestation of this album was his wanting things "his way". There were a hundred ways he could look like a conquering hero right now, even if it was just as an "artiste" with a commercial failure on his head. He was calling the shots in this fight. When the bell rang, he ducked out the back.

Love the album. Supported his lineup changes & his new direction. 100% convinced of the musical merit of Chinese Democracy.

Axl is being a bitch right now. Apparently, a lot of us believed in the fight was worth it more than he did.

Agree. It's most consistent with his personality. He constantly shoots himself in the foot just because he doesn't "feel" like cooperating. I can picture him alone in his Mansion playing the piano while everyone's screaming for him to get out there and promote this thing before it's too late.

nugdafied wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Slash himself said it, there has to be a mutual respect. I think they are closer to that now, then say - in 2004. Why? Because both of them went their own way, did their own thing, and it crashed & burned, and is probably over on both fronts.

I would hardly say Slash's way crashed & burned. VR ended up reviving his career. Then through sobriety, hard work & a second to none image, Slash has made himself into one of the most recognizable & respected musicians in the world. The guy is about to release a starstudded solo album that has a very real chance of launching his career into a whole 'nother stratosphere. In an amazing twist of fate, with much thanks to Axl's douchebaggery, Slash has a real chance to become  bigger than the GNR name, if he hasn't already.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Saul has posted that plans for a Better video have not materialized. Two versions were submitted for Axl's approval but it is not happening for whatever reason.

GnR not renewed by UMG rumors start now...

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

For whatever reason, Axl's killing this album, deliberately, and he's doing a pretty good job. I'd expected CD at 5th or 6th this week in the UK, but 11th is terrible.

Shame because it actually is a good album, not the holy grail or a masterpiece but it's a solid record with some good songs on it. It might not be the epic many once hoped for but it deserves better than it's getting.

I don't see Better saving the album in the Uk either, since Zane Lowe played it a couple of weeks back I haven't heard it played once.

As Neemo pointed out earlier it was single no.3 for Kid Rock before his album took off. Even more extreme was Nickelbacks last album, released in 05 that album tanked in the UK. Then at the end of 07/early 08 the song Rockstar just took off here for whatever reason and bang Nickelback and their 3 year old album and single went to number 1. Not saying it'll happen for GNR, but not everything hinges on your first single. Having said that if Better doesn't take off I don't know what they could put out from CD that would, and with nobody on GNR's end seemingly bothered or willing to lean on anyone to get these songs played this album will only go so far.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Del knows Slash coming back lowers his position in the pecking order.  Right now, it's all about the hanger-ons trying to protect their position as long as they can.

Sadly, probably more accurate than any of us want to admit to.

Notice in 2005 when Slash showed up at Axl's house, Beta intercepted him before he could get to him. I bet that dude came and went before Axl even knew he showed up.

And Del continues to feed him that former employee garbage. The only 'employee' is the one that gets the band from one place to another - road manager.

I think Axl is driven by energies in alot of ways. If someone were to walk in with alot of Slash-positivity, and old band positivity, and push and drive it home... Axl would catch on with it.

But when that whole atmosphere STAYS negative, and has since 1993, it just gets worse and worse. It also continues to drive GN'R further into the ground, if they aren't already getting the band's gravestone ready.

Sky Dog wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Buzz and 08, that is complete horseshit. You have no idea what Del or anyone else close to Axl thinks. Axl is the problem. He is the boss. He makes the decisions. Those guys will support Axl no matter what. The entire saga falls squarely on Axl's shoulders....not his maid, not Fernando, not Merck. Heavy lies the crown...Axl wanted it, he has it, and he should be man enough to live up to it....:|

Sky Dog wrote:

AND....don't you guys think the hangers on know that a reunion is like a lottery ticket. They will be a part of it no matter what (just talking about Del and Beta). Trust me, big bucks start floating around and suddenly Del and Slash are best buddies again.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

James, I'll give you some credit, a lot of what you said would happen has happened. It will be interesting to see what's next....if anything. 3

Would you like me to tell you what's next? 14

killingvector wrote:

Saul has posted that plans for a Better video have not materialized. Two versions were submitted for Axl's approval but it is not happening for whatever reason.

Then the album is officially dead. That would be similar to U2 not doing a video for Vertigo.

This is the point where Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Matt would have taken the reigns and promoted the living hell out of this. Just like they did with UYI. Axl did not promote that album. Most of the media attention regarding him was in the build up to UYI. When crunch time hit, the band members stepped up to the plate.

That cant happen with CD because the outside world doesn't give a shit about these guys. These guys can get interviews with forums and obscure mags but cant talk about anything. Slash and Duff could call Rolling Stone or CNN.

The ONLY person in this lineup who could get any attention is Tommy, and he's obviously got other fish to fry.

Axl wanted to be GNR. Well, here we are. I hope it lived up to his expectations.

Like others have mentioned, what makes this final chapter to CD so disappointing is that it's a solid album.

Board footer