You are not logged in. Please register or login.

R.B. Huckleberry
 Rep: 2 

Re: Interesting read on Chinese Democracy (from their myspace)

GNRBABY wrote:

I seems like people are of two extremes: Disaster or Raving Success.

Yeah, there really isn't a lot of gray area with Chinese Democracy. Regardless of which way the opinion leans, it leans all the way.

Great art should provoke.

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

GNRBABY wrote:
R.B. Huckleberry wrote:

Great art should provoke.

Indeed 5

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Granted, I WILL LISTEN to arguments AGAINST it being a disaster.

But anyone that truely believes it's a raving success, WOW...

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

It depends on how you define success.  I think it's a success because I like the entire album.  Now is it a financial and commercial success?  Not yet.  A good point was brought up that AFD didn't fly off the shelves that first week either.  There is still time for it to be accepted by the masses.  You can call me a fool or naive, but good music and good art will be appreciated over the test of time.  The album hasn't even been out two weeks yet and a lot of the Henny Pennies are claiming the sky is falling.  Now the album hasn't won the lotto, but it's not at rock bottom either.  Let's give this thing four more weeks and see what we know by then.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
ereeper wrote:

It depends on how you define success.  I think it's a success because I like the entire album.  Now is it a financial and commercial success?  Not yet.  A good point was brought up that AFD didn't fly off the shelves that first week either.  There is still time for it to be accepted by the masses.  You can call me a fool or naive, but good music and good art will be appreciated over the test of time.  The album hasn't even been out two weeks yet and a lot of the Henny Pennies are claiming the sky is falling.  Now the album hasn't won the lotto, but it's not at rock bottom either.  Let's give this thing four more weeks and see what we know by then.

I can accept that, I really can. At least your not just telling me I'm and unhappy, miserable person.

And to be honest...I go back and forth on whether or not I wanted Axl out there whoring himself out the mass media by doing Gene Simmions-esque things.

I am grateful for these past couple of weeks.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Well now - there is a poster on HTGTH that claims he wrote this review that was on the GNR myspace.  Apparently he is a writer that writes horror story books.

And to think some of you laughed at me when I said it sounded like it was written by Del James.   16

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/boar … ic=55105.0

Here is the myspace of the guy that wrote it.. Maybe he's a friend of Dels:

http://www.myspace.com/31794083

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I knew when I read it, it had to be Del or a friend of his.

No Del piece is complete without a stab at the former band and the fans. roll

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I knew when I read it, it had to be Del or a friend of his.

No Del piece is complete without a stab at the former band and the fans. roll

If I ever see Del write a piece or do an interview without taking a stab at Slash or any former GNR band members I will gladly kneel down and kiss his feet.  19

Seven
 Rep: 9 

Seven wrote:

Wow use to have all the names of all the players and rings of the family tree written down, but it was all stolen. I know the face I associate with this but the name evades me......Is it a blessing or a curse forgetting shit? I will go with the blessing, the curse is how the stuff i wrote down went missing..

Aussie wrote:

Well now - there is a poster on HTGTH that claims he wrote this review that was on the GNR myspace.  Apparently he is a writer that writes horror story books.

And to think some of you laughed at me when I said it sounded like it was written by Del James.   16

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/boar … ic=55105.0

Here is the myspace of the guy that wrote it.. Maybe he's a friend of Dels:

http://www.myspace.com/31794083

I also thought Del wrote this in reading the beginning of this.   I think this was a great read and kudos for him for getting this put out as a bulletin off their myspace.

I can't agree with this being better the UYI's but I can separate the two band and think that this is a great album from the new incarnation of GNR.   I also don't agree at all with those that are calling this album a failure or that it's gonna be a failure.   It's really way to early to drop that kind of statement.

Board footer