You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: what are we disappointed with?

gnfnraxl wrote:

I'm disappointed in the fans.  And this is coming from a guy who according to madagas is very negative.  tongue  So the album didn't sell a trillion copies.  So what?  It dropped out of the top 10 already.  So what?  It doesn't have a single that'll take this to the top.  So fucking what?!  And this I love could surprise as a single.  Fans wanted this album for the longest of times, and now that they have it, they're still not happy.  I ain't happy that there was no promo done by Axl for the album.  But life goes on.  And I'd rather have lower sales and have a good album than it selling a trillion copies and suck.  I got the album.  I'm happy.  Sure it would've been a better experience if Axl would've done interviews and tell us who is in the band and done some promo.  But he didn't.  And I'll be happy if another album is dropped on us next year (Hey a guy can dream).  If they do another CD tour, I'll be disappointed but won't care cause I won't go cause really I can't afford to spend big $ to see a repeat show.  But if they do a tour for another album that'll be released.  Then perhaps I would consider attending a show.  But in the end people.  Just enjoy the album and be happy we got it.  Only other thing to hope is that Axl will release more music faster and that he'll be happy to do so.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
GNRBABY wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Sure the album's awesome. But instead of re-launching GNR, it signals its final and complete cretaive death.

Make up your mind, is it a great album or does it signal death? You can't have it both ways. Creativity and album sales are NOT the same thing. Those of you  wanting/expecting Axl to "appeal" to the masses and be this "Bono" or " Bon Jovi" type of icon are in for a big dissapointment 16

Creative death does not equal death. 

I think CC has a strong way of looking at this.  It's a well founded view.  I'm pretty sure most of us aren't wanting Axl to be Bon Jovi- at least i know i'm not wanting him to do a country album anytime ever.

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Nothing changed when CD came out and the musicians Axl has now aren't capable of making music like the 01 line-up was. ChiDem was supposed to validate newGNR as a new beginning, but instead it's reliance on players who are no longer in Guns validates the 'it's Axl solo' theory. I thought CD would change things, but it changed nothing.

Sure the album's awesome. But instead of re-launching GNR, it signals its final and complete cretaive death.

Well Axl should've never have released this under GNR.  This should've been a solo record or under another band name.  But hey it's his call.

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:

Speaking of lack of promos.  I think I read somewhere that Axl promised Jarmo an interview once the album would be released.  Read that a couple years ago.  Anybody remember this and anybody knows if this will ever materialize?

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

GNRBABY wrote:
Saikin wrote:

I think CC has a strong way of looking at this.  It's a well founded view.  I'm pretty sure most of us aren't wanting Axl to be Bon Jovi- at least i know i'm not wanting him to do a country album anytime ever.

CC does not have a well founded point, what he says makes no sense. I would love to hear Axl do a country record, that wouldn't make him "Bon Jovi", it would just make all the "marks" scratch their heads... I don't think most of you even understand what the hell I'm talking about. Just ignore me and continue on with your useless and pointless off-base observations and opinions....It don't really matter

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
GNRBABY wrote:
Saikin wrote:

CC does not have a well founded point, what he says makes no sense. I would love to hear Axl do a country record, that wouldn't make him "Bon Jovi", it would just make all the "marks" scratch their heads... I don't think most of you even understand what the hell I'm talking about. Just ignore me and continue on with your useless and pointless off-base observations and opinions....It don't really matter

While I want to see Axl make more music I do NOT repeat do NOT wanna see him make country albums.  And it's nothing against country music cause there is some good country music.  But Axl is not a country artist but a rock artist therefore I wanna see Axl make some good rock music.

NickNasty2009
 Rep: 2 

I'm not disappointed with anything. I saw Axl perform live 3 times and I got the record I wanted since I was a teenager and it by far met my expectations if not at points exceeded them.

The promotion, what critics think, what other people on the net' think just doesn't matter. It's subjective and if we were all the genuises we sometimes think we are on these (and really any) internet forums then we'd all be living in little utopias where our every dream and command is realized. Fuck it. It's entertainment and it's a great piece of art that I thought I'd never see. And if nothing else ever comes, so be it.

GNRBABY

GNRBABY wrote:
NickNasty2009 wrote:

I'm not disappointed with anything. I saw Axl perform live 3 times and I got the record I wanted since I was a teenager and it by far met my expectations if not at points exceeded them.

The promotion, what critics think, what other people on think in alot of ways just doesn't matter. It's subjective and if we were all the genuises we sometimes think we are on these (and really any) internet forums then we'd all be living in little utopias where our every dream and command is realized. Fuck it. It's entertainment and it's a great piece of art that I thought I'd never see. And if nothing else ever comes, so be it.

Now, this is a well founded opinion/argument. 5

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
GNRBABY wrote:
Saikin wrote:

Your opinion of course.  We will continue being realistic and just ignore your posts as ass-kissing.

GNRBABY

GNRBABY wrote:
Saikin wrote:

We will continue being realistic

Okay, you do that 22

Board footer