You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Riad "demo" with album intro added

James wrote:
LoneSalBugz wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:

fuck that the demo doesn't come near to the final version imo

Not only that, I just don't understand this thing for personalizing music, editting it, rehashing it, etc. This is like, how the artist intended it to be. Just can't get my head around it TBH.

Riad dates back to 2001(or before). It stayed the same for years. Only reason it had the change is because Bucket left. Its not like fans are adding their own shit to songs. Its just taking the song back to its 2000-06 level.

Sky Dog wrote:

Riad is at least 99 as Freese did the original drum arrangement.....check the credits. Freese left in 99 so the song was written before then. I still am a firm believer that Oklahoma is Riad. (and please don't tell me this was proven false by some drunk roadie and fan at the Vegas 01 show-complete hearsay. Oh yeah, Prostitute isn't really Prostitute either.:haha:) It is not a coincidence that they were getting confused and it is not a coincidence that Oklahoma was played for David Wild at the same time Catcher, CD, The Blues, IRS, and TWAT. All the other songs ended up on the album and somehow Oklahoma didn't? Bullshit. Riad is Oklahoma . If I wasn't so lazy I would dissect the lyrics to show you how they fit with Axl's description of the song. 22

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
madagas wrote:

Riad is at least 99 as Freese did the original drum arrangement.....check the credits. Freese left in 99 so the song was written before then. I still am a firm believer that Oklahoma is Riad. (and please don't tell me this was proven false by some drunk roadie and fan at the Vegas 01 show-complete hearsay. Oh yeah, Prostitute isn't really Prostitute either.:haha:) It is not a coincidence that they were getting confused and it is not a coincidence that Oklahoma was played for David Wild at the same time Catcher, CD, The Blues, IRS, and TWAT. All the other songs were ended up on the album and somehow Oklahoma didn't? Bullshit. Riad is Oklahoma . If I wasn't so lazy I would dissect the lyrics to show you how they fit with Axl's description of the song and the Oklahoma bombing. 22

not so much about the bombing more about the fact that the same day steph was sueing AXl for divorce. She wass supposedly fabricating lies And the song is about how a courthouse full of people was wasting time attacking Axl when such a great tragedy had occurred and there was obviously more important things in life at that point in time.... Another Axl the victim anthem

Sky Dog wrote:

correct...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Steph & Axl were never married. How can they be suing each other for divorce?

I believe it was Erin & Axl tangled in a lawsuit that day, over something, divorce not being it.

Sky Dog wrote:

Steph sued Axl for physical abuse I believe, and Erin testified in the court proceedings against Axl.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

That was the Oklahoma thing? I thought that was all finished by like '94.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

the oklahoma bombing was in 95...and it was the same day that Erin testified against Axl for Physical and Sexual Abuse....I beleive that she was called in to testify against or joint sue Axl by Steph..who was also suing him for physical abuse

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Oh okay. I knew that it had happened, I just didn't know it took a year to get it to court.

I believe it starting being prepped in 1994, because of that People magazine article that just slammed Axl as being a nutcase abusing Erin & Steph. 'Battered Beauties' I think it was called, and had him on the front cover.

Sky Dog wrote:
madagas wrote:

Riad is at least 99 as Freese did the original drum arrangement.....check the credits. Freese left in 99 so the song was written before then. I still am a firm believer that Oklahoma is Riad. (and please don't tell me this was proven false by some drunk roadie and fan at the Vegas 01 show-complete hearsay. Oh yeah, Prostitute isn't really Prostitute either.:haha:) It is not a coincidence that they were getting confused and it is not a coincidence that Oklahoma was played for David Wild at the same time Catcher, CD, The Blues, IRS, and TWAT. All the other songs ended up on the album and somehow Oklahoma didn't? Bullshit. Riad is Oklahoma . If I wasn't so lazy I would dissect the lyrics to show you how they fit with Axl's description of the song. 22

Obviously I was wrong as Axl clearly said Oklahoma is not Riad. Well, I may have a bruised ego but at least we definitely have another track floating out there.:mosh:

Q:-What's a Riad/Bedouin and can you clarify for the last time if the song is Oklahoma or not?
A: Another one step at a time question! It’s not Oklahoma which later became Berlin and subject to change. 16

Board footer