Notice: We are currently in the process of upgrading our discography system. Please view the new Dizzy Reed discography which currently features 67 discs.
Re: Dizzy Reed
Darren Arthur "Dizzy" Reed was born on June 18, 1963 in Hindsdale, Illinois and raised in Colorado. He learned to play the organ at a young age and formed small local bands before leaving elementary school. At 15, Reed began playing keyboards to escape constant bullying at school.
In the 1980s, Reed moved to Los Angeles to pursue a musical career. He was a founding member of The Wild and in 1985 met members of Guns N' Roses when the bands had neighbouring practise facilities. In the latter part of the decade, Reed briefly joined the band Johnny Crash as a guitarist. However, the band broke up shortly after he joined.
In 1990, Axl Rose invited Reed to join Guns N' Roses to play keyboard the Use Your Illusion albums. The other members of the band did not initially accept him, but he was eventually considered a band member after they heard his contributions on the albums. He toured the albums with the band and helped record "The Spaghetti Incident?".
Outside of Guns N' Roses, Dizzy Reed has collaborated with Duff McKagan, Gilby Clarke, and Slash on their solo project albums. He is a self-proclaimed fan of Christian rock musician Larry Norman and appeared on his 1998 album Copper Wires. Reed also appeared on Tommy Stinson's Village Gorilla Head in 2004. In 2006, Reed appeared on Court Jester's Strangeland.
In recent years, Reed has composed music for the film scores The Still Life and Celebrity Art Show. He has also acted in the 2005 film Charlie's Death Wish.
Reed is currently the longest serving member (other than Axl Rose) of Guns N' Roses. When not touring with Guns N' Roses, he tours with his hard rock cover band Hookers N' Blow, featuring a revolving door of musicians. Here, he plays keyboard and occasionally sings lead vocals.
Recent Dizzy Reed Discussions
- Dizzy Reed Solo Album 2018
- DIZZY REED To Release 'Rock 'N Roll Ain't Easy' Solo Album In February
- RICHARD FORTUS And DIZZY REED Exit THE DEAD DAISIES
- DIZZY REED Performs With GUNS N' ROSES Tribute Band In New York
- Interview With Dizzy Reed
- Dizzy Reed:"I’m very proud of Chinese Democracy"
- Dizzy Reed Interview in Australia
- Dizzy Reed Interview Jakarta Post
- Dizzy Reed Interview for VEGAS.com
- Interview With Dizzy Reed, New Music Hinted At For Las Vegas Show
- Dizzy Reed Discusses Band’s Future: ‘There’s So Much Material'
- My Pow-Wow with Dizzy Reed of Guns N’ Roses Connie Hall-Scott )
- Dj Ashba and Dizzy Reed: "We're working on a new album"
- Dizzy Reed live
- Dizzy Reed's Solo Stuff
- Dizzy Reed Opening Chocolate Exposition in Mexico
- Dizzy Reed to Play Launch Party in Buenos Aires
- Guns N' Roses Without Dizzy Reed