You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Eddie Trunk Thoughts on Reunion

Axlin16 wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

He's not going to compromise himself, his family, his friends, or his bandmates to do it the way he sees fit.

On the best of days, it can go like this.

On the worst of days, however...

Anyone else can be thrown under the bus in the heat of the moment in the world of Axl Rose.

I don't believe that for a flat second. Axl has other loyalties (for whatever reasons), other than Beta.

Look at Izzy. Izzy fucked him over MULTIPLE times, and called him the worst of the worst, most of which Slash got blamed for. Unless Axl feels guilty for something in the past, Axl has continued to be loyal to Izzy.

Why? Why be loyal to the new band for so long, when numerous members had other engagements at times and could've been easily replaced.

Del James has been there forever. Paul is still supposed to be lingering around somewhere too. Possibly as a future writing partner.

I don't think Beta is his only loyalty.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Also, I don't think the second video is Axl throwing Beta under the bus. Seemed more like making an internal joke public than anything else.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Paul is still supposed to be lingering around somewhere too. Possibly as a future writing partner.

2she.jpg

I have nothing against Huge obviously but I don't think it's a good idea to even consider bringing him into the reunion equation, even if only to prevent another Snakepit album being recorded.

AtariLegend wrote:

Their was an amusing thread on "the site that should not be named" listing all the times Slash buried Izzy in the old days.

Anyway why do we keep get Eddie Trunk's opinion on everything, so often? Yikes.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Look at Izzy. Izzy fucked him over MULTIPLE times, and called him the worst of the worst, most of which Slash got blamed for. Unless Axl feels guilty for something in the past, Axl has continued to be loyal to Izzy.

Why?

Lafayette, IN.

Izzy was there when Axl was still Bill, always getting into trouble, never getting laid.
Those two went through a pretty wild trip, conquering the world from nowhere.
At the end of the day, Izzy's one of the few people who've been there all the way.

Izzy has a unique perspective on Axl, and vice versa. One comes to appreciate such things.

Axlin12 wrote:

Why be loyal to the new band for so long, when numerous members had other engagements at times and could've been easily replaced.

He tried replacing Robin with Brian May and Buckethead.
That ended with bringing Robin back and reinstating his parts.

Slash would've gotten the same treatment had he played ball.
Only it went sour because Slash had enough of the Axl BS.

That's why Axl's negativity towards him ballooned over the years.

Axlin12 wrote:

Del James has been there forever.

Judging by his literary output, I can understand why.

Axlin12 wrote:

I don't think Beta is his only loyalty.

His Mum. The Mum who threatened to quit if there'd be any more managers.

But any time shit hits the fan, it's someone else.
Someone was out to get Axl, and he retaliates.

Look at the shit he hurled at Bucket in 2004. He lived to regret it.
He took Merck's word for it. A few years later, Merck got the same.

Bad hair days are a killer.

pele
 Rep: 0 

pele wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Paul is still supposed to be lingering around somewhere too. Possibly as a future writing partner.

http://i.qkme.me/2she.jpg

I have nothing against Huge obviously but I don't think it's a good idea to even consider bringing him into the reunion equation, even if only to prevent another Snakepit album being recorded.

Imagine if Huge took the stage at Coachzella!!!

PS - Answer your PM

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

That is taken from Axl's statement about Paul leaving. He said he would no longer be part of touring, but would still function as a writing member of the band.

Considering the credits on CD that might still be the case.

AtariLegend wrote:

Their was an amusing thread on "the site that should not be named" listing all the times Slash buried Izzy in the old days.

Anyway why do we keep get Eddie Trunk's opinion on everything, so often? Yikes.

I initially liked Trunk since he got some minor scoops and interviews with the band. Then I saw his late, late night interview with Axl a few years later and he just rubbed me the wrong way somehow. Haven't liked him since, and all his attention seeking recently has only bolstered that impression.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

http://i.qkme.me/2she.jpg

You missed the point of my post. I can't remember where, but Axl was asked awhile ago about if Paul was still around, and Axl said yes. Tobias' contributions are all over Chinese, and one has to wonder the unreleased material as well.

Paul's out there somewhere, it just depends on how much of his fingerprints are on the vault material.

Board footer