You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Re: The next GNR album: Current known state of songs

Dani_1455 wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

I asked Rick about that Exhibit B list thing
https://i.postimg.cc/6pkChqLj/Screenshot-53.png

He seems to omit if he has Exhibit A so probably he does not have It.
Do we know when this list date from?
It's interesting to know how they consider Twat or Street Of Dreams as not their Plan A on songs for the album

I don't believe that the Exhibit B list is the same as the B list of songs. I thought it could be but the paper work has a law firm on it and the word Exhibit itself is a legal term. I think these lists are made for very different reasons. He mentions legal documents himself.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

How come some people call you "Mother Goose?"

Chris: That was a nickname I acquired sometime when Buckethead was in GN'R, all his friends had great nicknames, and that name came up for me. I seldom hear it anymore, or I only hear it when I'm around people associated with that era and it always makes me laugh and remember some good times.

Let me ask you about GN'R a little. We used to hear the rumor that Chinese Democracy would release 3 records before release. After all, Chinese Deocracy was released 1 record, as everybody know. Did you have any favorite song that not included in Chinese Democracy?

Chris: Yes, we did have a large collection of songs recorded through the years, and many I don't even remember now! But to think of a favorite song right now as we speak, I would have to say its one called "Beta's Barn."

(secondary) source: https://chinese-democracy.blogspot.com/ … rview.html

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
Dani_1455 wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

I asked Rick about that Exhibit B list thing
https://i.postimg.cc/6pkChqLj/Screenshot-53.png

He seems to omit if he has Exhibit A so probably he does not have It.
Do we know when this list date from?
It's interesting to know how they consider Twat or Street Of Dreams as not their Plan A on songs for the album

I don't believe that the Exhibit B list is the same as the B list of songs. I thought it could be but the paper work has a law firm on it and the word Exhibit itself is a legal term. I think these lists are made for very different reasons. He mentions legal documents himself.

That is my interpretation: Exhibit B lists all master recordings that are part if whatever legal discussion is at hand. Exhibit A could have been a list of people, a timeline, a recording contract, anything.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

When Axl debuted his new band in 2001 he played 6 new songs. Except for Oh My God all of them are on the "Exhibit B" page. Surely most of those songs would come from the A list. Vast majority of CD is on that list.

Curious questions would be why songs like IRS, Hard Skool, The General and Oklahoma are not on the list.

ClaudeF

ClaudeF wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

When Axl debuted his new band in 2001 he played 6 new songs. Except for Oh My God all of them are on the "Exhibit B" page. Surely most of those songs would come from the A list. Vast majority of CD is on that list.

Curious questions would be why songs like IRS, Hard Skool, The General and Oklahoma are not on the list.

My guess is this is linked to some sort of bill that came due, maybe for a recording studio, engineer, or musician that wants compensation for specific songs they worked on.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Gong wrote:

How come some people call you "Mother Goose?"

Chris: That was a nickname I acquired sometime when Buckethead was in GN'R, all his friends had great nicknames, and that name came up for me. I seldom hear it anymore, or I only hear it when I'm around people associated with that era and it always makes me laugh and remember some good times.

Let me ask you about GN'R a little. We used to hear the rumor that Chinese Democracy would release 3 records before release. After all, Chinese Deocracy was released 1 record, as everybody know. Did you have any favorite song that not included in Chinese Democracy?

Chris: Yes, we did have a large collection of songs recorded through the years, and many I don't even remember now! But to think of a favorite song right now as we speak, I would have to say its one called "Beta's Barn."

(secondary) source: https://chinese-democracy.blogspot.com/ … rview.html

He doesn't even remember songs?!?

It really points out how long of stretches they did zilch as far as recording goes....and this is the main guy other than Axl working on the project!

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

They need a meme album title, a red-blooded lead rock single, and a single that strippers can dance to.

If they do something pretentious like 72 Seasons or some lame try hard bullshit like a self-titled album, I'm officially burying them.

ClaudeF

ClaudeF wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

They need a meme album title, a red-blooded lead rock single, and a single that strippers can dance to.

This is an actual recipe for success.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

If they do something pretentious like 72 Seasons or some lame try hard bullshit like a self-titled album, I'm officially burying them.

72 Seasons pretentious…? That’s a much better album than Metallica deserve to be putting out this late in their career. It’s fantastic!

GN’R could only to hope to put something out as solid or as good as this.

72 Seasons plays to Metallica’s strengths. And that’s EXACTLY what GN’R should be doing instead of Chinese leftovers.

Sky Dog wrote:

Good point…..and I like pretentious!

Board footer