You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Crazy Ideas for the New VR singer

monkeychow wrote:

Hey,

Well we have the list of auditionees, and we know all the fan hopes (Cornell, Baz, Kravitz, etc). So i started trying to 'think outside the square' as to who we could throw up in the VR singer gig....like who are the really crazy ideas....

Here's my pic...

qx8ndj.jpg

Mr Dan McCafferty - lead singer of Nazareth....yeah he's too old at 63 - but hey its working for Ac/dc having a singer of that age......meanwhile we know he can deliver that Axl sound....a sound that's been proven to work with slash...

Anyone with me? Anyone got any other insane ideas?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i still say Sammy Hagar

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Since we're pipe dreaming......

Give her a blank check and let her write the tunes. Picking Justine would actually create a huge buzz for the band. She doesn't have many fans here, but this would put VR at the top of the headlines. Justine has only surfaced a few times since her 2000 disappearing act, and the media(especially in the UK) would follow the band closely, at least until the music was heard.

While McCafferty kicked ass in the 70s and Hair of the Dog is one of my favorite albums, he's way too old and picking him would be a massive buzz kill. Nazareth were never huge, and are only famous for that title track and of course Love Hurts, which was a cover and the worst song on that album. He wouldn't even create media interest.

Sammy Hagar would make me boycott the band.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Sandra Nasić, that German chick who sang with Guano Apes.
She could angrily scream and snarl as convincingly as any bloke, plus she can also sing softly like a girl.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i still say Sammy Hagar

Seconded. 9

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Personally I'd like to see Jay Farrar from Son Volt. Years ago he was in the band Uncle Tupelo that would have been the next Soul Asylum, (even before them) but he couldn't get along with the bassist who later became singer for Wilco.

"Outside the box", I'd say Evan Dando.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

Myles Kennedy

Or (and this is a stretch)

Brent Smith- The guy from Shinedown.  He's got a great voice and quite a bit of talent, and I think with a better band (since the band aspect of Shinedown is mediocre at best), he could really do something great.  Then again, I could be wrong.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

I've said it before.

PhilAnselmo.jpg

It ain't so crazy.

Board footer