You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Rob Zombie's Halloween 2

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Atlanta, GA. Interesting.

I'm getting more curious to see what they are going to do with this. I highly doubt Danielle Harris will be brought back, just to be killed off, however. Malek Akkad is a producer on this, and it was made quite clear by both the late Moustapha Akkad and Malek, that their biggest regrets in the franchise were killing off Rachel (Ellie Cornell) in H5, and not bringing back Danielle Harris for H6 - AND - killing the character with a different actress anyways.

Zombie might have his ideas, but I don't think there's anyway Malek will allow Danielle in the new franchise to be killed off.

Mike
 Rep: 13 

Mike wrote:

Ezra Buzzington is back !!!!!!!!

Unfortunately Ezra's scene didn't make the final cut of Halloween, so he is back. Ezra has officially joined the cast of H2. He will be playing the part of Ned Atkins - beer delivery man for The Rabbit In Red.

- Rob Zombie's Official Halloween Myspace

Mike

Mike wrote:

Rob Zombie just posted in his myspace blog that actors Jeff Daniel Phillips and Mark Christopher Lawrence have joined the cast, didn't say who they're playing though.

Anyway, other casting news:

Roebuck and Harris Officially Returning to Haddonfield

We broke the news a few weeks ago that Danielle Harris was in talks to return as Annie Brackett in Rob Zombie's HALLOWEEN sequel H2. We received confirmation today that Harris has officially signed on to return. In addition, we learned that Daniel Roebuck will also be returning to Haddonfield as Lou Martini. They will join the confirmed names of Ezra Buzzington and Tyler Mane (Michael Myers), while we are still awaiting official confirmation on Scout Taylor-Compton, Malcolm McDowell, Daeg Faerch and Sheri Moon Zombie, although we're told it's pretty set in stone. HALLOWEEN 2 arrives in theaters August 28th, 2009.

- Bloody Disgusting

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

"I'm waiting for a confirmation from my wife to appear in my film..."

Sorry, just had to say it.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
sic. wrote:

"I'm waiting for a confirmation from my wife to appear in my film..."

Sorry, just had to say it.

I know, I laughed at that too.

They're trying to be professional, but everyone knows Malcolm & Scout are gonna be back in this thing at the very least of the original cast.

If Annie Brackett (Harris) comes back, there's not really any doubt that Loomis & Laurie will.

Mike

Mike wrote:

Zombie Says Halloween 2 is Laurie's Movie
Source:Icons of Fright
January 22, 2009

Tim Sullivan, filmmaker (2001 Maniacs) and good friend of Rob Zombie, caught up to the writer and director Halloween 2 to get a read on what the next chapter in the Myers legacy is about.

Zombie begins by clearing the air on why he's back. Most of it having to do with a want to follow through on the world he created in Halloween. Introductions to the characters were made in that remake and now he's allowed to run with them in any direction he feels like.

He also emphasizes the sequel is not a redo of Rick Rosenthal's film.

Scout Taylor-Compton has not read the script, Zombie says, but it will definitely be her movie. "She's not the happy-go-lucky girl, now she's very f**ked up famous person, trying to make sense of this," he explains. "It takes place over some time, but it starts that night [of the murdes] and then essentially, I mean...the first one, Laurie has no idea what just happened. But then she wakes up the next day and someone's going, 'Oh by the way, your parents are dead. All your friends are dead. And actually, your brother is uh, Charles Manson.' You know? 'How do you feel about that?' See what I mean?"

Zombie seems unsure if Malcolm McDowell will return as Dr. Loomis and adds that he'd rather not have the character at all if the actor doesn't sign to the film. There's more solid reading to be had, so check out Icons of Fright's full interview right here.

Halloween 2 opens in theaters August 28th.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

An all-Laurie film doesn't interest me AT ALL. Just another slasher, chasing some chick.

Didn't they learn with Resurrection? Compton is not Jamie Lee Curtis, and cannot carry a film (H1, H2, H2O), and Myers NEEDS that Ahab/Moby Dick thing with Loomis. Minimalizing Loomis will be another step in the WRONG direction.

If you want a guy in a mask chasing chicks - see Friday The 13th.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

According to The Pulse of Radio, Rob Zombie says he's going to delay the release of his new album until after he is finished shooting "H2", the sequel to his successful 2007 remake of "Halloween". In an interview with Icons Of Fright, Zombie said, "I'll probably put that out after I'm done shooting the movie. The record's done and sitting on the shelf waiting to come out, but I don't want to put it out while I'm shooting 'Halloween 2' because I can't deal with it too much. I'm really excited about it, though."

Zombie added that the record, which does not yet have a title, should be out by the end of summer.

The rocker-turned-director will begin shooting "H2" in March, with the release scheduled for the end of August.

Zombie also said in the interview that he decided to come back to the "Halloween" franchise because he wanted to expand the story beyond just remaking the original.

He explained, "I originally envisioned it as two movies ... but unfortunately I couldn't convince anyone to take the stance and make two films back to back." He added that the new movie will focus less on serial killer Michael Myers and more on his sister, Laurie, saying, "Everyone she knows is basically dead, and she is related to the person that did it all and doesn't even know who the f*** she is. So it's really the journey of figuring out who she is."

Following the success of the newly released "My Bloody Valentine 3D", Zombie said he'd be interested in shooting in 3D, but only if "you can use 3D without making it a 3D movie ... just tell a story, but you don't have to shove anything in your face."

-BLABBERMOUTH.NET-

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

If he shoots this movie in 3D I will not be watching it at all.

And I'm not so sure about his idea for the second movie.  Having it based around Laurie 'finding herself' just doesn't exactly sound like the best horror movie material to me. 

Seriously, I would rather see Tom Cruise play Mike Meyers than watch it in 3D.

Board footer