You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Please Play TWAT more when a tour happens

monkeychow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

It's not even all about the numbers, it's about the "feel" of it all.  None of this feels right to you, does it?  Do you really think that the only reason this didn't take off was the lack of promotion?

Ahhh...now we're getting onto something interesting 5

It feels really wierd to me. And especially so because I now also love the CD songs just like I loved AFD and stuff...and my problem with that is now I'm never going to have everything I want.

No one plays AFD like slash. They just don't. I'm sorry if axl hates the guy or whatever but like basicly GNR songs of that vintage...Axl and Slash own them all. So obviously the greatest thing for the entire back cataloge would be slash comming back.

Problem is...if he comes back then what of the type of stuff that bumble/bucket did that I also like...cos i can't see slash comming back as a co-lead guitarist (not that i can see him comming back at all) - but now it would be sad for me to loose those new songs (even though i know u dont like em). So either way i'm going to loose something now.

Anyway to answer your point, to most of the world, the lack of slash is a major issue. I also think the change of style is a problem for some as well. You like twat...and it's basicly like an old GNR song. I think if this GNR had done more classic rock stuff - with bumble shredding it would have gone down better. hell even the current songs with a less industrial electro feel would please people. Lets face it - the AFD audience as a whole wants that type of stuff. That's why catcher is loved in demo form - its the same song except with a ton less bullshit...even though its brian may - u get the vibe its a lot more like how the old band would have recorded it.

Now me personally I like the new style just as much as the old at the moment, it's different. But to me its like how I like chocolate but also like fries. Different shit...but all good. But i get its not like that for everyone.

However...got to say.....all that said and conceeded....i do believe the major reason it didnt take off is bad marketing...i firmly beleive most of the music public just buy up what they are brainwashed to do so by the entire media...watching a music station confirms it...image...pr...branding...it's all a lot more important than actual songs these days....and I think that if the brand functioned more normally...people could have been brainwashed into going with this GNR even though it sounds different and removed....but that didn't happen.

I dunno i guess our opinions just differ. Like I can accept any amount of critisim about how axl does stuff. No problem...this band is bizzare at times. But...for me....I just don't believe the music is bad....i honestly think these are good songs...and its all the other bullshit, loosing band members etc...that makes the problems.

Like do you think "This I love" at it's core is a bad song? What about if Slash had played one of his massive emotive solos in it? All post break up stuff u can see what the others would bring. 5'oclock would have been cool with Axl, CD would have been cool with slash...but when it comes down to it...they are what they are...and I really enjoy 5'oclock and Chinese just the way they are.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

CD is so cluttered that even if the songs were good, I wouldn't be able to tell.  I just don't like the songs the way they are.  I've also said several times that I might feel differently if the songs were stripped down, but they aren't.  Even TWAT is cluttered, but somehow it actually improved the song because I couldn't hear Finck playing some awful notes.  The Rock Band version actually hurt how I listen to the song...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
jorge76 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Where are all the message boards dedicated to the old line up?..... Oh yeah.... There aren't any.

Whoa...  What?  Seriously?

I like Chinese Democracy, I think it's a good album... but the old band is WHY I give a shit. 

I would say 99.7% of anyone on any of these boards feel that way.

I suppose there are TECHNICALLY no message boards related to the old band, because it doesn't exist right now.  If a reunion was announced tomorrow every GNR message board would triple in membership overnight with people looking for info on it.

MisterID has to seriously be out of his mind, if he thinks all of these boards exist as a tribute to new Guns N' Roses (1998-present).

If new Guns were all that popular, Axl wouldn't be playing 16/20 songs each concert from the 1987-1993 era.

Axl is no different than Taime Downe (Faster Pussycat) or Mike Tramp (White Lion), or the 16 different versions of LA Guns. The new band exists because the old hates his fuckin' guts or vice versa.

He's another 80's has been trying to still putter along, and squeeze every last drop out of the orange known as Guns N' Roses, because it's all he has left.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
jorge76 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Where are all the message boards dedicated to the old line up?..... Oh yeah.... There aren't any.

I like Chinese Democracy, I think it's a good album... but the old band is WHY I give a shit. 

I suppose there are TECHNICALLY no message boards related to the old band, because it doesn't exist right now.  If a reunion was announced tomorrow every GNR message board would triple in membership overnight with people looking for info on it.

MisterID has to seriously be out of his mind, if he thinks all of these boards exist as a tribute to new Guns N' Roses (1998-present).

If new Guns were all that popular, Axl wouldn't be playing 16/20 songs each concert from the 1987-1993 era.

Axl is no different than Taime Downe (Faster Pussycat) or Mike Tramp (White Lion), or the 16 different versions of LA Guns. The new band exists because the old hates his fuckin' guts or vice versa.

He's another 80's has been trying to still putter along, and squeeze every last drop out of the orange known as Guns N' Roses, because it's all he has left.

That's utterly laughable comparing Axl Rose to 2 guys 99% of the entire world has never heard of.

Sorry, I'm still laughing.

Wait, what's your point.

I'm sorry, still laughing.

16:haha::haha:

Wait seriously, you're comparing Axl Rose to the lead singer of White Lion and Faster Pussycat, please tell me you were joking.  If you're serious don't bother responding because it's not worth discussing.  Just quit right now or make pretend like you were just joking.  You'll be doing yourself a huge favor.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

It's not me mad, it's the general public.  That's what you guys keep missing.  Everybody knows I don't like it, but some people are clinging to this theory that the music is good.  It isn't.  That doesn't mean you can't like it or other people can't like it, but the masses (right or wrong) don't like it, thus making it not good. 

So you can keep making this about me all you want.  All I'm doing is representing Joe Public.  We don't like it.  It's not what we want to hear Guns N' Roses sound like.  Take that for what it's worth.

I'm not making any predictions here, but you do realize that some albums take some time to get noticed or pick up steam.  There've been a number of albums that sold poorly, then won a grammy, and sales all of a sudden skyrocket.  People see something win an award and think, "oh that must be worth purchasing".  AFD was a "failure" by your rationale until it finally caught on.  And more recently Kid Rock's latest album was a failure and total shit until he released "All Summer Long".  Then sales picked up and it went from total shit to massive success.

AFD was done by an unknown band.  Unknown bands do take time sometimes to catch on.  GnR is no longer unknown - this album has been talked about for over 10 years.  People knew it came out, they just didn't like what they heard.

Kid Rock had a crossover pop single.  Pop single.  There is no crossover pop single on CD.  Sorry.

Again, I'm not saying these things will happen for CD, but there are plenty examples of other CD's taking awhile to pick up steam.  YOU keep stating that the public could care less and it doesn't matter how much promotion, publice appearances, touring the band does.  Nothing could've helped it.  Obviously you have nothing to back that point up since none of those things ever happened, and in the same breath I can't prove that it would've helped or by how much.  We simply won't be able to tell until it happens, which it just might never happen.  How many other bands have been given so many chances?  Van Halen maybe?  This may be their last chance (without a reunion at least), so they better make it count.

People HEARD the songs.  Go read the stats James mentions.  They were downloaded.  People heard them and said no thanks, not interested.  No amount of promotion is going to change that.  promotion helps make people aware of something.  EVERYBODY knew CD was coming.  There was no surprise launch, it was expected - for years.

The wait, buzzsaw, the wait.  Obviously people knew about the album for quite some time.  If you told me you had a secret to tell me that would change my life I'd be very intrigued.  But if you held onto that secret for YEARS I may eventually throw in the towel and 10 years later I may have lost total interest.  So it might take some time to win back some fans that gave up.  It might not happen, but it's worth a shot.

And I wasn't aware you could pinpoint every crossover pop single there ever was.  There are none on CD, thanks for letting me know.  How come you didn't tell Kid Rock that "All Summer Long" was a surefire hit when his album came out?  Alright, maybe that's harsh.  To put it more mildly, why didn't Kid Rock realize it would be a smash hit and release it right away?  Surely he should be a pretty good judge of what could hit and what would miss?

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
jorge76 wrote:

That's utterly laughable comparing Axl Rose to 2 guys 99% of the entire world has never heard of.

Wait, what's your point.

Wait seriously, you're comparing Axl Rose to the lead singer of White Lion and Faster Pussycat, please tell me you were joking.  If you're serious don't bother responding because it's not worth discussing.  Just quit right now or make pretend like you were just joking.  You'll be doing yourself a huge favor.

When you say the word "Axl Rose" to most people... they think of Bret Michaels.

Oh snap. 13

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Wait, what's your point.

When you say the word "Axl Rose" to most people... they think of Bret Michaels.

Oh snap. 13

Where have I been the past 2 decades then?

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Anxiously awaiting Crack A Smile.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Comparing Axl to Mike Tramp or Taime is a giant leap. If Axl was ever on their level, I can safely say this site would not exist.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Comparing Axl Rose to Mike Tramp and Taime Down..now that's a first. First this deal about DJ not managing to rehearse the songs and now this.

Seriously???

hahahah big_smile:D

Im my country Axl Rose and Guns N Roses are living legends. Axl sold out 2 nights in Oslo alone. Faster Pussycat wouldn't even sell out the pub next door.

Board footer