You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Who will be the GNR scapegoat for 2007?

bigbri wrote:

Why not the fans? We pretty much were blamed for delaying things when the MSL leaks came. Anyone remember that? I think Neemo actually got a letter from a lawyer saying as much.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah, that letter was absurd. It said fans were to blame for no CD because Axl had to monitor the forums to keep everyone in line.

I was shocked that Axl actually approved of such a letter being sent out.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

Yeah, that letter was absurd. It said fans were to blame for no CD because Axl had to monitor the forums to keep everyone in line.

I was shocked that Axl actually approved of such a letter being sent out.

I'd love to see that. Can someone post it up here or in a new topic for all to read?

If not, please PM it to me big_smile

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Record company, but personally I blame Scott Weiland. If he didn't have yet another run in with the law over his substance abuse problems, if he didn't get a fuckin' DUI, then I think we'd be holding ChiDem in our hands this Christmas. Weiland you sonofabitch ....

starsko
 Rep: 6 

starsko wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

the only way he blamed Merck was saying that Merck gave him the impression that the album coming out in 2006 was an attainable goal.

Oh really ?

When I agreed to do our recent North American tour, I did it with the understanding that my manager, Merck Mercuriadis, and I were in full agreement regarding our strategy and touring plans and, most important, that any and all things needed to release the album by Dec. 26 at the latest were in place. Unfortunately, it turned out that this was not the case, and I regret to say that the album will not be released by the end of the year. Although many things went extremely well and were very exciting, there were, in our opinion, unnecessary and avoidable complications on our tour having to do with the tour routing, scheduling and album and video plans that wreaked havoc on all involved. This was compounded by an overall sense of a lack of respect by management for the band and crew and each individual's particular expertise that has resulted, unfortunately, in the end of both Guns' and my managerial involvement with Merck Mercuriadis.

In regard to a release date for the album itself, certain minor - and I do mean minor -- additions, as well as contract negotiations, need to be completed. Barring any unforeseen complications, these things have now been adequately scheduled. The band and I, along with our record company, feel that this record deserves the proper setup and promotion, not the '13 Tuesdays left' and 'It may just appear in your record store' approach offered by management. We believe this strategy may have been used as a tool by management to sell this latest tour to the various promoters, and if this was the case, this was obviously unfair to them. The stress of dealing with this situation has been considerable for everyone, including the band, but more important, in our opinion, it was something utterly insane to do to our fans.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

my vote also goes to the record company.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

The Record Company is my guess but ANY excuse will suffice I'm sure.  Remember folks only 13 years left to wait!!  The countdown continues...

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

Guess its time to resurrect my old sig.

Board footer