You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Staff cuts hit Geffen. Interscope

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:
dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

Im not mad at all. I just dont see how anyone can blame the record label when the album is not even passed in yet.

and you know this for fact?

i'm done speculating .. its really stupid.    I'm staying out of these threads untli theres a release date or something from Axl, because seeing some of you guys keep stating your opinions like facts gets really annoying.

Yes I know it for a fact. My friend knows someone who works at Geffen and as of three weeks ago they dont have the album.

and my friend has a cousin who knows this guy whose gay ex-boyfriend's boss's brother had lunch with Axl Fucking Rose yesterday.   And I know for fact its been handed in.

dave-gnfnr2k
 Rep: 11 

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:
dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

and you know this for fact?

i'm done speculating .. its really stupid.    I'm staying out of these threads untli theres a release date or something from Axl, because seeing some of you guys keep stating your opinions like facts gets really annoying.

Yes I know it for a fact. My friend knows someone who works at Geffen and as of three weeks ago they dont have the album.

and my friend has a cousin who knows this guy whose gay ex-boyfriend's boss's brother had lunch with Axl Fucking Rose yesterday.   And I know for fact its been handed in.

Just when I have I ever been wrong about anything I said on this issue?
That would be NEVER.  Sorry if you cant handle the truth but you really dont think if Axl really handed in the album he would not have said something on gnr.com? You dont think geffen would have it on their TBD list? The fact is, Axl hasnt, and the fact is Geffen doesnt have it on its release list even for 08 albums. And if geffen did have it, they put would it out ASAP and if it was passed in three months ago like Mister OFF claim the album would be out by now since geffen would not sit on it. The moment CD is passed in, it will be fast tracked to be released.  Plus if it was passed it, esp if it was 3 months ago like claimed, it would have leaked by now.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

My problem with not blaming Axl is the fact that Axl has made promise after promise and repeatedly broke them.  I remained as positive as reasonably possible until the "promise" in 2006 followed by the silence after March 2007.  I want the album as bad as anyone else but there is a huge difference in the words CONVENIENCE and REASON.  Axl may use this situation as another excuse but it is just that in my opinion, a convenient excuse...not a reason.  At some point you have to shit or get off the pot.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Nobody has ever said that the album was handled to the reocord company. Nobody has ever said that CD's done. Remember the management's mantra bullshit? They will speak when there is something to say. Handling the album would be big news, since it may haven't happened for 16 years in the GN'R world. Anyway, I don't think anyone really cares about this album anymore besides like 500 internet fans. Move on, everybody.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The moment CD is passed in, it will be fast tracked to be released.

While thats most likely true, if people on the food chain are getting fired left and right, its easy to imagine any big project getting put on the back burner, at least temporarily.

As I mentioned earlier, we'll have to watch other artists under the Uni umbrella in the coming months and see how this is effecting them.

Plus if it was passed it, esp if it was 3 months ago like claimed, it would have leaked by now.

Not all albums leak that far in advance. M.I.A.'s last album leaked around 10 days or so before release(August), and had an original release date in June which got pushed back. A few journalists heard the album in June and it still didn't leak.

If memory serves me correctly, VR's album leaked about a week before release.

Mikkamakka wrote:

Anyway, I don't think anyone really cares about this album anymore besides like 500 internet fans. Move on, everybody.

apparently you still care or you wouldn't be posting here.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Anyway, I don't think anyone really cares about this album anymore besides like 500 internet fans. Move on, everybody.

apparently you still care or you wouldn't be posting here.

No, I don't. Visiting GN'R forums is a habit for me, I couldn't care less about CD, although I enjoy reading the debates. But no, I don't wait for it and I don't care anymore if it ever comes out or how it will sound. The only thing Nu-GN'R gives me on a daily basis is laughing.

starsko
 Rep: 6 

starsko wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

No, I don't. Visiting GN'R forums is a habit for me, I couldn't care less about CD, although I enjoy reading the debates. But no, I don't wait for it and I don't care anymore if it ever comes out or how it will sound. The only thing Nu-GN'R gives me on a daily basis is laughing.

Same here.:)

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

I also tend to lean to the "left camp" side of the story which believes that the album hasn't been handed in...

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

The moment CD is passed in, it will be fast tracked to be released.

While thats most likely true, if people on the food chain are getting fired left and right, its easy to imagine any big project getting put on the back burner, at least temporarily.

As I mentioned earlier, we'll have to watch other artists under the Uni umbrella in the coming months and see how this is effecting them.

Plus if it was passed it, esp if it was 3 months ago like claimed, it would have leaked by now.

Not all albums leak that far in advance. M.I.A.'s last album leaked around 10 days or so before release(August), and had an original release date in June which got pushed back. A few journalists heard the album in June and it still didn't leak.

If memory serves me correctly, VR's album leaked about a week before release.

I think it was even less than week James.  I believe it wasn't over 5 days before the actual release.

Same with Avenged Sevenfold.  They announced a date in July, then it got pushed back two weeks.  They released "Critical Acclaim" online, then released their single and music video, and the album leaked less than a week before it was released.

Board footer