You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: www.tommystinson.com

Sky Dog wrote:
downliner wrote:

From my negative point of view...

The only tour footage Ive seen are the Rose Bar videos, they were pretty cool and the band seemed tight, but I have no interest in the current lineup bar Axl and Tommy. The revolving door lineup just doesn't appeal to me and I wont waste time bothering with updates from guys who could be gone tomorrow.

I rarely post due to my negative attitude towards the band, however, whilst not all of the frequent updates appeal to me, I consider them all to be a huge step in the right direction in re-building bridges with the fanbase.

If the band lineup and updates both remain consistent I'm sure I'll attend a UK arena show with a positive attitude smile

The difference between me and you is very small......the difference being Tommy and Axl are enough for me as long as the surrounding revolving door is competent.:peace:

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

downliner wrote:

The only tour footage Ive seen are the Rose Bar videos, they were pretty cool and the band seemed tight, but I have no interest in the current lineup bar Axl and Tommy. The revolving door lineup just doesn't appeal to me and I wont waste time bothering with updates from guys who could be gone tomorrow.

I rarely post due to my negative attitude towards the band, however, whilst not all of the frequent updates appeal to me, I consider them all to be a huge step in the right direction in re-building bridges with the fanbase.

If the band lineup and updates both remain consistent I'm sure I'll attend a UK arena show with a positive attitude smile

It really sucked after Buckethead left, but, I thought at least Robin is still in the band. That guy has been there forever and was there when Matt / Duff were around still. Of course he left in 1999 briefly.

Once Robin left it pretty much sealed the bands fate in my mind. I got to see them in 2002 and 2006. Good concerts, especially the last night with Izzy in NYC.

I have diversified my music portfolio and I am into plain and simple superior bands like MGMT.

It shouldn't be impossible for a band to release music and to keep its members that contributed a lot to its creative process.

I just feel that having DJ Ashba sort of relegates the band to Motley Crue crappy status. I believe Robin is way more talented than this guy. Even though he is  a fine guitar player.

And for the record I don't want to see a reunion as it would be just about the money and not about the music.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
johndivney wrote:
faldor wrote:

they're almost bending over backwards to make us feel a part of something special.

i wouldn't go that far. a 2min clip of tommy & a couple of guys going out to lunch isn't exactly almost bending over backwards.. it's sitting in front of a comp for an hour editing then uploading the video..
BUT the collection of groovy stuff we'll have by the end of the tour will be massive.. but it's not like they're giving us rare stuff or even extensive info or interviews regarding the CD process..
this stuff is nice but it still refuses to get too indepth - imo the most revealing footage of the latest tour came via the trailer park boys clip..

Well it's all relative.  They're certainly bending over backwards compared to what they WERE doing.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

This is so ironic. People's been starved for like...10 years. And suddenly there's the album and a world tour and people are bummed. LOL.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

because they typically have no life, so they have the time, to follow your band religiously.

i cant speak for anyone else but i have a "life" and i still come on here....depends what you call a life i suppose 14

I was referring more to the bitchers and complainers, who even now, still bitch and complain, despite an active GN'R. I wasn't referring to people like you Neemo.

Even I backed off on the negative comments, once the band hit the road, and Axl started actively updating Twitter with info. It's pretty much all I ever wanted, and yet at the same time is a bit late.

DCK wrote:

This is so ironic. People's been starved for like...10 years. And suddenly there's the album and a world tour and people are bummed. LOL.

Like I said in the reply above to Neemo... too little, too late. I think that's what alot of people feel. It might be negative for the sake of negative, because all they wanted was GN'R to communicate with them, and be out doing stuff, they're doing that now, and people are like, "this would've been nice in 2002 or 2006" or whatever their particular complaint is.

The truth is, I don't blame them. I think Axl waited so long to get this new GN'R right, and yes, I do believe he's the major kink in the pipe, that now that Axl's being a cool fuckin' guy, people have already checked out, and it seems too little, too late to the show.

Then again, it could be just simple lack of interest, like others have alluded to here at Evo.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Like I said in the reply above to Neemo... too little, too late. I think that's what alot of people feel.

It's too little, too old.

We grew up.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:
downliner wrote:

It really sucked after Buckethead left, but, I thought at least Robin is still in the band. That guy has been there forever and was there when Matt / Duff were around still. Of course he left in 1999 briefly.

Once Robin left it pretty much sealed the bands fate in my mind. I got to see them in 2002 and 2006. Good concerts, especially the last night with Izzy in NYC.

I have diversified my music portfolio and I am into plan and simple superior bands like MGMT.

It shouldn't be impossible for a band to release music and to keep its members that contributed a lot to its creative process.

I just feel that having DJ Ashba sort of relegates the band to Motley Crue crappy status. I believe Robin is way more talented than this guy. Even though he is  a fine guitar player.

And for the record I don't want to see a reunion as it would be just about the money and not about the music.

I think I speak for everyone here when I say, fuck off then

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:

From my
I have diversified my music portfolio and I am into plan and simple superior bands like MGMT.

This part

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:

From my

This part

What's wrong with that statement? Hell, I gave the guy karma for that. 16 Anyone willing to look outside their previous box deserves kudos, not ridicule.

Board footer