You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: John Frusciante Voted Greatest Guitarist, Slash is second

Mikkamakka wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Is Matt Bellamy that good? I like Muse, but I wouldn't have even considered him for this.

He's quite unique. Not the most technical player, but his britpop meets progressive rock meets classical music is really innovative.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Gong wrote:

maybe a feeble troll attempt, maybe not, but Bumblefoot is the lead guitarist of the band this website is dedicated to so, I would think he's relevant to a "best guitarists" discussion.

Being in a big band doesn't make you a best guitarist.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Gong wrote:

RE: Scar tissue

Call me when Bumblefoot writes something this beautiful.

fyi that song is fucking terrible

anyway i'm not saying  that Frusciante is a bad guitarist...but to label him as the "greatest guitarist" is a bit much

tlaking greatest guitarists with actual musicians and i severely doubt that johnny there would hardly spark any kind of actual support as the greatest even if he was mentioned....how many guitarists could you even say are actually inspired by him anyway...i cant think of any tbh

dont even get me started on johnny marr or peter buck...and muse? wtf

jack white...as far as being extremely talented, he is not another that i would place as being one of the greats either

in short, like rex said, the list is shit

and i never said anything about bumble

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Gong wrote:

maybe a feeble troll attempt, maybe not, but Bumblefoot is the lead guitarist of the band this website is dedicated to so, I would think he's relevant to a "best guitarists" discussion.

Are you talking about John? Have you listened to his solo stuff?

AtariLegend wrote:

30K Listeners of BBC6 Music... Explains it all.

Different demo to most of you guys... and to me.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Gong wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Gong wrote:

Second fail of the day for you. 

I'd quit while you're still at 2.  16

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Gong wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Gong wrote:

I'm talking about Bumblefoot. Just because he's in a big band doesn't mean he needs to be brought into a discussion about a list of best guitarists that does not feature him.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

That list fucking awful. Most of those guys shouldn't even been in the Top-50, and there are countless better guitarists than those guys, Slash included.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I'm going through this phase lately where I fucking LOVE guitarists who do everything themselves.

This shit from Lindsey Buckingham is straight up out of fucking control. My man is playing the bass line, the rhythm, the lead guitar parts AND signing a completely different melody from all of them. Guys like this inspire me and make me never wanna touch the instrument again at the some fuckin' time:

He's probably one of the most underrated musicians of all time. The band has always got tons of respect, but the microscope never really gets aimed in his direction.

With 'You Make Loving Fun' the exception, he wrote the best songs on Rumours, which is one of the greatest albums ever recorded.

Board footer