You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: GNR remix album

James wrote:

This was a pipe dream in 2008 and probably still is. However, if he's doing work on it now, that changes things a bit.

I'll buy it just to support the band, but I'm not really that excited for it. They should have CD II in the can instead of whipping up remixes, but I can see why they do it. Remixes(at least in the rap community) can catch on fire and become hits.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'd like that Buckethead Shackler's Revenge mix 16

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

well we know that they will play the "CD was rushed so this is how it should've sounded" card...anyway an interesting turn of events....any bets on a release? make sense to relelase the remix album with alt artwork and corrected liner notes on the eve of a US tour....but just cuz it makes sense doesnt mean it will happen 16

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

This was a pipe dream in 2008 and probably still is. However, if he's doing work on it now, that changes things a bit.

I'll buy it just to support the band, but I'm not really that excited for it. They should have CD II in the can instead of whipping up remixes, but I can see why they do it. Remixes(at least in the rap community) can catch on fire and become hits.

Yes, but in the rap community remixes don't come out 3 years after the fact.  16

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

If nobody liked it the first time, it's unlikely they are even going to give a remix album a chance regardless of how good it is.

Agreed.  And along the lines of what I was saying in the other thread.  If people, including you Buzz, didn't like the songs the way they were it's doubtful they're going to like any remix versions.  If you thought Chinese Democracy was an album for the fans, you ain't seen nothing yet.  Again, IF the album were to ever come out, which I have my doubts.

it's not that they won't like it  - it's that they won't hear it. a remix of an original cd, half way or all the way past it's tour and promo, is not gonna get any attention from ayone other than us no matter how good it is. unless they have a huge single to add to it. that could change everything fi they act soon enough.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Maybe he is the one mixing the mashups as well... Like the killer "If The World/Slither" mashup in the "Downloads" area of the forum.. haha..

That song sucked 10

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Unless Eminem is laying down rhymes on If The World... forget any sort of resurrection.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Yawn.... I am with the others... Who cares at this point...

MisterID, I thought the "If the world/slither" mashup was badass!

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

The Shackler Club Mix was mixed by Sean Beresford, who's mostly worked with Third Eye Blind.

Sunday, January 4, 2009

My friend Brain is the drummer for Guns N'™ Roses (he also used to be the drummer for Primus). He wrote two of the songs on the new Guns N'™ Roses record 'Chinese Democracy" released late last year.

He and his musical collaborator Melissa Reese worked up a hip hop/club version of the song 'Shackler'™s Revenge" with programmed beats and additional loops and cool sounds. They asked me to mix it. I'™ve been chipping away at it for a few weeks over the Christmas holidays and finally I think it is done. I'™m quite happy with how it turned out, it is pretty wacky though!

(later, sometime in Febraury) Brain called to say that Axl Rose finally heard the remix and really likes it. Yay!...

- Blighty Sound

His resume also carries a mention of the track.

11/2008 - 12/2008 - Guns N Roses - Shackler's Revenge club remix
Pro Tools editor, mixer

Editing and mixing of  a Guns N Roses track off the recent Chinese Democracy record. This is a club remix of the song Shackler's Revenge written by Brain. Beatz by Brain and Melissa.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Hmm that's really interesting.  Perhaps a fully remixed album, with promo, videos, a US tour etc may be the intended strategy.

Axl will try and sell it as being the way the he wanted the album to come out and be promoted etc etc, instead of the way that the big bad record company and management released it.

Poor Brain may have inadvertantly let the cat out of the bag.

That theory is delicious man, wouldn't that be awesome? It would also make sense why there is no video etc...

Board footer