You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

Re: Legendary Soundgarden song released - Kristi

jimmythegent wrote:

Have a listen guys!

http://www.stereogum.com/1720231/soundg … iere/mp3s/

Some context, this was a song only played once live that has circulated for years as a live bootleg that was recorded during the 'Down on the Upside' sessions.
Essentially this would be on scale with the likes of The General/Seven etc.. in terms of legendary/anticipation status for Soundgarden diehards.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah like Saikin said in the other thread, the live bootleg of the track is horrific quality. The studio version is great, although a tad overhyped by us fans over the past 20 years. Definitely should have been on DOTU. Has the same vibe as the rest of the album.  Surprised that it didn't make the final cut since it's Matt's favorite SG song.

I miss record stores. Had to buy this on Amazon. Gonna wait until I get the set to listen to all the songs. I hope Karaoke has been given the full polishing treatment, unlike what they did to songs on that Superunknown box set.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Cool track but definitely not worthy of "legendary" status. Much like the "big guns".

I don't really think it has the same vibe as the rest of DOTU so I can actually see why they left it off. Glad they finally released it, though. Wish somebody else would do that with their "vault".

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Sounds closer to something off Superunknown to me. It's ok, but a big claim from their drummer to say its his favourite Soundgarden song

Lomax wrote:

Slaces n Bulldozers meets Pretty Noose. Very good to hear this.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Glad they finally released it, though. Wish somebody else would do that with their "vault".

14 No shit. This set is EXACTLY what Axl should have done with CD 5 years ago.

Disc 1: CD leftovers
Disc 2: That "remix" bullshit
Disc 3: various live covers

That would have wrapped up the terrible legacy of Chinese Democracy. Of course it makes too much sense to unload the leftovers in such a way. In hindsight they may wish they had as there's zero chance of building any anticipation for the CD vault. They didn't fool anybody about leaving the best material in the vault while letting stale material decide new GNR's legacy.

This SG set is amazing. I'm enjoying high quality versions of songs we've had for years more than I am the unreleased material.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I bought "Echo of Miles" day one release. Kinda pricey, but to hold the legendary "B-sides" in my hands on day one, I felt like I was in middle school again. The coolness in the air, new/old Soundgarden, it kinda felt like the 90's again for a few hours. I also went ahead and picked up Live On The I-5 at the same time, and just blew out the fuckin' catalog leading up to it.

"Echo of Miles" is a fantastic collection. I fucking loved Kristi, and none of the songs on any of the albums disappointed, although I will say Disc 3 with the Rarities is ONLY for the diehards, but still.

It made the Fall/Winter season feel ALOT more appropriate. Fucking awesome! A MUST for all Knights!

Board footer