You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Guns N' Roses to headline Lollapalooza?

Smoking Guns wrote:

Eddie Money said there would be a July Show in Chicago. Hmmmm.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

What kind of crowd does this draw? Problem with the big US festivals is rock is always second fiddle to a dumb ass behind a labtop or some hipster band you find out of a coffee house. 16

Like coachella.....its a sellout pretty much regardless of who headlines it. Lolla did have some financial issues years ago. Once turning it into a festival instead of a tour, I think its found its right place among all the summer touring/festivals.

In 2010 the headliners were Soundgarden and Lady GaGa.

Also like Coachella, it has dozens of hipster acts and obscure artists.

James

James wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Eddie Money said there would be a July Show in Chicago. Hmmmm.

Yeah and I said they'd  headline Lolla last year.

Doesn't mean I'm Ronnie Spector..... 16

Tell Eddie to come here and give me one of his tickets to paradise.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Where is sp1at when ya need him most? 5

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
Will wrote:

Where is sp1at when ya need him most? 5

Hi Will. I got a new contract on 11th Feb for 6 months which is keeping me busy.

The last thing I heard a while back was that Slash is going to be given a gap to complete whatever existing commitments he has, which meant any info I had became redundant and all the dates changed.

The people that gave us the Coachella line-up are fairly sure GN'R are not a Lollapalooza, and if this Eddie has his dates correct, then GN'R cannot play Lollapalooza because of the radius clause. That is the best I can offer.

nugdafied wrote:

I posted this in the mygnr tour rumor thread, so I'll post it here as well. I have a couple hometown friends that now work events at Soldier Field in Chicago. They had a facebook post a couple of weeks ago about how much fun it was going to be working the GnR shows over 4th of July weekend because they love 80's music. Again, that's about as rumory as it gets...

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
nugdafied wrote:

I posted this in the mygnr tour rumor thread, so I'll post it here as well. I have a couple hometown friends that now work events at Soldier Field in Chicago. They had a facebook post a couple of weeks ago about how much fun it was going to be working the GnR shows over 4th of July weekend because they love 80's music. Again, that's about as rumory as it gets...

Hey Eddie Money!

nugdafied wrote:

No, I'm not the Eddie Money poster...but here's a funny one. I finally googled gnr july 4th weekend & some of the sites are reporting that it's the real Eddie Money giving gnr updates...lol. GnR is the greatest, fucked up soap opera ever!
http://www.waaf.com/blogs/waaf-news/izz … ates-55881

James

James wrote:

Good to see you back sp1at!

Hey nugdafied....long time. no see. People were asking about you a couple months ago.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I always had a secret love for this Eddie Money tune. A real toe tapper.

Board footer