You are not logged in. Please register or login.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

Re: Secret show: April 1, L.A.?

FlashFlood wrote:

Thats a great pic. Looks like a hell of a band the way they are supposed to be seen...full go, no throne.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Wow. That IS a great pic. They are all in the shot perfectly. Dizzy also doesn't seem as hidden here.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm starting to think two keyboardists is the three guitarists of this tour.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

They have had 2 key board players since UYI days tho..

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Great pic, but yeah I agree on Dizzy. Other than Axl going out of his way to introduce him UYI-style during the Estranged piano solo at the Mexico City shows, Dizzy seems more faded to the background on this tour than ever before. Including the UYI days, when Axl basically bailed on press, and everybody was so fucked up on something, that Dizzy & Matt (and eventually Gilby) were thrust into doing most of the press.

Smoking Guns wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

They have had 2 key board players since UYI days tho..

They've always had keyboards. Even on Appetite, there was session keyboard under-layer shit added in to fatten the songs and give them more depth.

So when people jump on that kick... guys... there was ALWAYS keyboards in Guns N' Roses. They just didn't highlight them until 1990. Unlike The Doors & Deep Purple, where the keyboardist was the 2nd or 3rd most important player/writer in the band.

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:

Another couple of pro-shot clips here, if this got a proper release, that would be awesome:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n … r-concert/

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Yup. It's officially the biggest item since the HOB 01/01/01 Japanese DVD, which was, apparently, all but released.

What makes this show further legendary is that metatarsal. Hard to watch it without thinking about the increasing heat in Axl's foot.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Yeah, I'm very impressed that Axl finished the show standing up despite that injury. Must have had a lot of adrenaline to help him get through it. Shitty thing was it happened so early in the set, which meant he was dealing with the injury for a huge chunk of the show (not like it happened during Paradise City at the very end or something).

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I need to see the whole show. Did he go backstage not long after the injury? Since he's not a drug addict, a doctor could have gave him Oxy and it would have helped with the pain tremendously.

Yup. It's officially the biggest item since the HOB 01/01/01 Japanese DVD, which was, apparently, all but released.

The interest in that show on a general level is now zero. Hardcore fans always wanted this show and the guy who bootlegged it deserves a free ticket to heaven regardless of his sins.

They should leak the HOB show in pristine quality for fans. It wouldn't ruin the current lineup's momentum and might get very little if any media coverage. I highly doubt it ever gets an official release.

Board footer