You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Terrorist Attack at Ariana Grande concert

Neemo wrote:

51 injur3d or something

The police arrested a 26yo suspect that works in a nearby mall...ISIS is claiming responsibility

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

So god damn sad.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

I remember Richard Fortus mentioning how Guns N' Roses are a high target for terrorists too. It was in some Not In This Lifetime 1st leg of the tour interview.

Hard to defend against.

I remember a while ago writing a blog asking Toronto's Transit Commission on Twitter if their new subway trains were tested for potential terrorist suicide attacks. And I got so many looks on that blog. As these trains have an open concept design without doors separating the trains.

Security going in is nice, but doesn't help people lined up to get in or people leaving.

This attack disgusts me.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

It is extremely sad...I just don't know what else there is to do...

I keep thinking about my little family during all this...

Part of me thinks this stuff will just never end.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Urgh just sickening. May as well have walked in to a kids party and done it.

Hit me quite hard has this, I've been to that arena loads of times and was there only a few weeks ago. I was also working in Manchester today and was on my way there this morning when I heard the news.

Keep wondering if there'll ever be a time where we don't have to worry about this shit anymore.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

The idea must be destroyed, and I'm not sure how to do that.

A lot of these terror attacks in Europe and America are from second generation citizens. Young men who are radicalized by terrorists online or perhaps in person. That said, I do think it's a bad idea to invite a 7th century culture, steeped in religion, to coincide with a progressive 21 century society. Things take time to change. People resist change. Individually and together as a group. Uneducated people who are brainwashed by religion, who are already suspicious of outsiders, aren't going to assimilate easily or quickly IMO.

They're not going to stop. This will only continue. It's sad and also maddening.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

slcpunk wrote:

The idea must be destroyed, and I'm not sure how to do that.

A lot of these terror attacks in Europe and America are from second generation citizens. Young men who are radicalized by terrorists online or perhaps in person. That said, I do think it's a bad idea to invite a 7th century culture, steeped in religion, to coincide with a progressive 21 century society. Things take time to change. People resist change. Individually and together as a group. Uneducated people who are brainwashed by religion, who are already suspicious of outsiders, aren't going to assimilate easily or quickly IMO.

They're not going to stop. This will only continue. It's sad and also maddening.

Great post.  But I have to ask, do you oppose Trump's Immigration EO?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

THere's only one thing that might stop it(at least minimize it) and I say it every time one of these evil acts occurs.

The major powers(US and Russia, maybe UK) are going to have to go door to door and massacre people Einsatzgruppen style. Yes that in itself is evil but its reaching a point of us vs them. Terrorism is escalating when it reaches the point that children are the intended target...and that is exactly what happened here.

First thing that needs to be done is send these people back to their country of origin and I don't give a shit about any outrage over such a measure. People have to decide if they want to be PC or do they want to risk their childrens bodies being blown to bits at a pop star's concert. Faux outrage or life? Shouldn't be a tough decision but I know it is for some....until it happens to them anyways.

This shit is going to keep happening until we make some tough decisions.

Yeah Flagg I know I'm sitting behind a keyboard and I wouldn't be on the front line. The men and women in the military signed up to serve and defend our country and when it reaches the point where our children are the targets, they are going to be asked to do things that no person should have to do for the greater good.

I have said for years we are one major attack away from a scorched earth policy. We've just moved one step closer.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

I mean the thing that I love about America (Great Grandparents were Irish American) even though I am Canadian is, that for the most part the US assimilates really well. Unlike Europe and some parts of Canada.

Huge Muslim population in Dearborn, yet no huge issue(s).

But, I mean if Irish people were blowing themselves up still in the name of Catholicism, of course you'd see the extra scrutiny. And what not. But, I think the Troubles are a false comparison to this shit we are experiencing today with radical Islam.

I am a huge Bill Maher fan, when he criticizes some dumb fucking liberals about this. As a cafeteria / lapsed Catholic I am not offended by his religious hatred. But for the most part he raises good issues about religion and Islam.

Like when people scream racism. Guess what? Muslim isn't a race. Multiple races of people can be Muslim.

I am of the left leaning nature with some conservative tendencies / I get conservatives in some ways, the old kind. Like I am not a bleeding heart dove, who takes offence to a lot of shit.

Love Richard Nixon, great President minus Watergate. I mean the EPA and Planned Parenthood are solid domestic things he did.

I think the greatest leader that America was unfortunate to never have as President was Douglas MacArthur, man that guy was way ahead of his time and right about so many things. I highly recommend: Douglas MacArthur American Warrior by Arthur Herman. Such a great read.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Great post.  But I have to ask, do you oppose Trump's Immigration EO?

It's poorly executed, and poorly sold. And our vetting process isn't necessarily a cake walk to begin with. Trump is also such a disruptive figure it's not helpful by any means.

The idea behind it though is valid IMO.

There are a great deal of South Americans and Cubans in Miami/S. Fla. A majority of them DO NOT assimilate. Show no interest in it, and the community represents that. I've had meals down there where my waitress doesn't speak a lick of English. Businesses are in Spanish. It's like being in a different country. I've also been in Provo Utah. White bread, blonde haired, blue eyed Mormons are the majority. The Carabbas there does not have  bar. They are not interested in assimilating too much either. When I'm in Miami, or if I'm in Provo I roll with that culture. You assimilate to their culture . That's the reality.

This may really bother some people. However it doesn't bother me that much. That said, neither one of those groups are part of culture that is spreading terror all over the world and partaking in unspeakable acts against human beings. That's the difference to me.

Board footer