You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Tarantino to write/direct Manson film

James wrote:

I loved Jackie Brown. That film kinda flew under the radar all these years. Its like since it wasn't Pulp Fiction, crowds didn't flock to it. I think that film would've went over better had it been released a few years later.

johndivney wrote:

Jackie Brown was another masterpiece.
The only ones that have fallen short are Kill Bill pt 2, Django Unchained & Inglorious Basterds & even they were all still great.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

Jackie Brown is his under appreciated masterpiece.

I can only hope this forces him to not rely on his old tricks as his last couple of movies have been for the birds.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Wagszilla wrote:

Jackie Brown is his under appreciated masterpiece.

I can only hope this forces him to not rely on his old tricks as his last couple of movies have been for the birds.

Yea, Jackie Brown has definitely grown on me with time. The guy hasn't made a bad movie. I just didn't get the Hateful 8. It didn't go anywhere.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Hateful 8 reminded me in a way of reservoir dogs.

Both mostly single room films and both heavily dialogue driven. Both kinda have the feel of a stage play to me.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

The Hateful Eight is his masterpiece. He has made only one dud Death Proof.

Jackie Brown and Reservoir Dogs are criminally overlooked.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

There's a bit of an ancillary Tarantino film, called Killing Zoe. I think it was directed by someone who helped write the screenplay for Pulp Fiction. I remember liking it, but I saw it back in the day so it's been a while.

Another movie called 'Go' is really good. Not related to Tarantino but definitely takes that 'chapters' element from Pulp Fiction, but the storylines more along the lines of True Romance. I think the guy wrote it just as a short story, then morphed it by adding 2 more related/intertwining story parts.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

There's a bit of an ancillary Tarantino film, called Killing Zoe. I think it was directed by someone who helped write the screenplay for Pulp Fiction.

yeah Roger Avary.

I used to love this movie back in the day...mind you I think I was 15 and had a bit of a crush on Julie Delpy lol.

I really should re-watch it.

I always remember that line "In Paris it's good to smell like you've been fucking" or something like that.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I liked Death Proof. Love the song that plays when the credits roll....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NDsbEiCxXw

Board footer