You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James Lofton
 Rep: 609 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

James Lofton wrote:
misterID wrote:

Was The Babadook real, though? I still have my suspicions....

How could it be a delusion? They both saw it....and of course that ending where she feeds it.

It's a really odd film. I need to watch it again.



Pasnow...those Ernest films were god awful. He needed better writers. His first couple are gems but then went off the rails on a crazy train.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 106 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

misterID wrote:

Was The Babadook real, though? I still have my suspicions....

Get Out. The most overrated film ever. They're calling racism because it's been submitted as a comedy for an award. You write a character like the TSA agent don't bitch about people thinking it was a comedy.


What else would it be categorized as?  I agree it didn’t meet the hype, but I only enjoyed some of it because I thought it was supposed to have an absurd/comedic element. Are we supposed to think a community of white folks who kidnap black folks and implant their minds into them for immortality has any sense of realism?  Is there even a horror category for the golden globes, as that’s the only other category I could see it in. Jordan Peele is a comedian, why wouldn’t his film be seen as comedic?

If the goal is to try to be artsy and serve as a commentary on how white American society has robbed the black man of his sense of self, it failed miserably and was poorly written and cliche. If the colors of the actors was reversed, the film would be condemned as racist filth.

People can bury their heads in the sand, but this ultra liberal PC bullshit is what put Trump in office. When you spout this bullshit, people begin to question everything you say. Do you find it just a coincidence that the people most adamant and vocal about climate change also spew the identity politics nonsense?  And that the people who deny any notion of Climate Change also happen to resent the extreme left the most?

It’s a feedback loop, and people are getting sick of the PC bullshit. Bringing Lena Dunham out as a representative for an idea does much more harm than good. The idea gets warped, twisted and distorted into a halftruth at best, and an objective lie at its worse.

I know I kind of went into the political thread with that, but I find this stuff is infecting every aspect of our lives and that’s going to embolden more of the mindset that put Trump in power to the detriment of our country. You watch movies, football and TV to escape reality. And one vocal group is pushing to have their agenda permeate every aspect of our lives. That’s pissing people off and we need to decide if that’s acceptable.

Every movie doesn’t need to be bowling for Columbine.

James Lofton
 Rep: 609 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

James Lofton wrote:

I know I kind of went into the political thread with that, but I find this stuff is infecting every aspect of our lives

This is my main problem with it. You literally cannot escape it.  They're not even happy with this. They want more of it shoved down your throat. The lunatic fringe has been given a very loud voice and there's going to be resistance to it. Eventually something is going to happen that will cause people to demand a complete stop to it.

A few weeks ago I saw an old woman at a gas station who didn't know which bathroom to use. That's unacceptable. Live a normal life for decades but now she needs an ultra liberal to tell her which door she can walk through to take a shit. All because there's one tranny within a 500 mile radius.

It has to stop.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

Rex wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I know I kind of went into the political thread with that, but I find this stuff is infecting every aspect of our lives

This is my main problem with it. You literally cannot escape it.  They're not even happy with this. They want more of it shoved down your throat. The lunatic fringe has been given a very loud voice and there's going to be resistance to it. Eventually something is going to happen that will cause people to demand a complete stop to it.

A few weeks ago I saw an old woman at a gas station who didn't know which bathroom to use. That's unacceptable. Live a normal life for decades but now she needs an ultra liberal to tell her which door she can walk through to take a shit. All because there's one tranny within a 500 mile radius.

It has to stop.

Did she forget what she has between her legs? 16

James Lofton
 Rep: 609 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

James Lofton wrote:

Both bathrooms were the same. It wasn't men or women.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 41 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

FlashFlood wrote:

Wow oh my god the horror. Unisex bathrooms like every single household in America?

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB