You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

Re: Will new music be released in 2019?

jimmythegent wrote:

Great to see you back!

I voted yes. I think a single likely - possibly a cover or new song.

I think we are getting an album. I can only hope it is something resembling the following:

- The 'big guns' from Uncles Axl's Chinese leftofters worked up with Slash and Duff given carte blanch access to have at them. Remove all and any parts by ex-members. This would account for 4-5 and should take care of the epics.

- Whatever Izzy stuff is floating about - be it 90's stuff or the rumoured 'Project' pre- VR stuff. Again worked up with the new lineup. This could be 2-3 songs I reckon.

- Anything salvagable from the Slash sessions in 95/96 and again worked up by the new band - surely there is some stuff that can be honed into a song or 2.

- 1-2 new songs entirely written by the current lineup.

- The Seeker and Wichita lineman. Please no Black hole Sun or I feel good etc...

This could easily be 10-14 songs they could complete pretty quickly  considering Axl has likely completed vocals for a fair chunk of it.

Realise it's pure speculation with a good dose of pipe-dreaming, but this is the most realistic path to an album I see at present.

Will new music be released in 2019?

Yes, Q1 0%
Yes, Q2 0%
Yes, Q3 33%
Yes, Q4 8%
Not in this decade 25%
Not in this lifetime 33%
Total votes: 24
elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

kermit the Trump wrote:

I voted yes  Chinese leftovers with Duff bass lines and Slash solos pasted in.

Such a project could launch quickly.

It could, but the dates don't seem to line up. I suppose they could rush something out for the holiday season and cash in on that, but it's more likely to be 2020. Duff's off on a mini solo tour, Slash is off doing Conspirators stuff all summer, so even if they're dipping in and out of studio... it feels like they need to book out a solid month for full recording. They might surprise us though – maybe they're planning a holiday-season release of a Best Of collection with a couple of reworked Chinese leftovers as extra tracks?

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Yeah, I wouldn't expect a full album outright.

More like one or a few tracks to test the waters; one brand-new, one from CD2, maybe.

elevendayempire

An easy win would just be to slap Slash's solo on This I Love and release it.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

An easy win would just be to slap Slash's solo on This I Love and release it.

Interesting thought. I’d rather have them record their version of Better.

elevendayempire

jimmythegent wrote:

- Anything salvagable from the Slash sessions in 95/96 and again worked up by the new band - surely there is some stuff that can be honed into a song or 2.

I doubt there's anything left from those sessions; anything decent is likely to have ended up on one or other of Slash's solo projects over the years.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yep.... Just like that infamous third album from Damn Yankees. Their fans wanted to hear it for years. Little did they know they were already hearing it on solo albums

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Not long before the reunion Fortus I believe, talked about some material they were working on that Slash had written. Presumably from those 96 sessions that Uncle Axl also referred to as hard edged blues like Aerosmiths' Rocks.

So presumably this stuff is in the vault somewhere...?

I for one hope it has a cohesive feel. That could be difficult given the variety of sources it could possibly be being drawn from - I do hope whatever Chinese leftovers are used are stripped back and remixed.  The layers and layers of stuff on Chinese Democracy distracted from the whole. Stinson and Fortus are inaudible for most of the album.

elevendayempire

jimmythegent wrote:

The layers and layers of stuff on Chinese Democracy distracted from the whole. Stinson and Fortus are inaudible for most of the album.

For all that I love Fortus' stage presence, I couldn't tell you what he played on CD. Finck, Bucket and Bumble all have solos and distinctive guitar tones/playing styles, but Fortus is relegated to rhythm parts and lost in the mix (plus IIRC he shares rhythm duties with Paul Huge, and Finck, and Bumble, and Bucket on some songs). If you're just belting out chords it's hard to tell what you're playing.

Hopefully the two-guitar setup of the NITL band will mean that we can actually pick him out, and get some dynamic, organic interplay between the rhythm and lead guitar lines like we did on AFD/UYI.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Just occurred to me...a studio cut of Bring it Back Home...easy way to release something “new” ala Shadow of Your Love.

Board footer